The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

After years of anticipation, it's almost ready. Suggested checklist when taking delivery?

Headoutside

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Greetings to a friendly and valuable owner's/ enthusiast forum! Got the call yesterday evening that my Grenadier had arrived at the dealer(Elliott Bay, Seattle, WA), but predelivery inspection, etc still pending. So in 2-3 weeks, potentially completing the purchase. With the collective wisdom of the forum: what should buyers be looking at before taking their treasures home? I've been told the tow package troubles are in the past. Exposed cabling underneath? The gas cap alignment? Premium Sound check? A drive to check various functions?
Without stretching into too many additional thread subjects(*), my build-from-base ended up being a Field master spec, with 17" alloys, Saddle leather, Rough pack, hitch, high load panel, checker plates, int/ ext utility rails, side runners, cross bars, prem sound. Probably will pay the dealer to install the runners and checkers(total, $500), but install the rest myself. I know the runners are just a few bolts, but it would be nice to have the steps at pickup- we live about 90 minutes and a ferry ride away.
As an introduction, I've been following the Grenadier story for years since the first rumors. Physician*, now 60 yo*, Whippet companion*, mtn bike* and dirt bike rider*, current vehicles* 2017 RRS, 2011 M3, 2009 Tundra Crewmax, 2019 Sprinter based camper. Daughter gifted prior LR2. Thought heavily about buying the New Defender(although a friend's son saying that they looked like a Kia Soul sapped some of my ardor...). Also thought about Defender restomods, and the G-wagon(both silly expensive). And once you see a G-wagon parked next to a Grenadier, the Merc just looks feminine;)
Thank you to all who have shared so much advice and information. Looking forward to tackling the BDRs of the western US!

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I really didn’t inspect anything on mine. My sales guide showed me around the infotainment system and I was pretty much on my way. I did actuate the center diff lock and high/low range lever while in the parking lot but never drove it or tried the diff locks on the pavement.

I did air down to 37lbs before driving off. As delivered tire pressures are per the door card and are too high for an unladen vehicle. No need for a harsh ride….

That being said the 12v in the center console didn’t work, and they fixed that when I was back at 750 miles when I changed the oil after initial break-in period. All else was fine.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats!

The tow module has been updated already on yours (otherwise it wouldn't have arrived to the dealer), so no concern there.

No cabling to be concern with underneath, the transfer case shifter cable mounting has been updated since the early ones that were a bit loose, so again, no real concern there.

The gas cap alignment? I'm guessing you mean the fuel filler door? Same as above.

Premium sound, it would be advantageous to take a quick gander at the gain/cross over adjustments on the subwoofer if it sounds "off" at all, otherwise, it's fine.

Definitely drive and check functionality though! Make sure high range to low range and locking/unlocking the center diff is fine (ensure that it is in whichever position you want SOLIDLY before placing it back into drive/reverse, by this I mean make sure the collar is locked in place). Also test the F/R diff locks before you leave the dealer, remember that while these are electrically actuated, the sensor that tells the system/switch/lights that they are engaged or disengaged works off of the wheel speed sensors, so it needs to see them at different speeds (or attempting different speeds), so gentle turns can help this, doesn't need much speed difference, just something.

Most of all, don't forget to enjoy it :)

Headoutside

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats!

The tow module has been updated already on yours (otherwise it wouldn't have arrived to the dealer), so no concern there.

No cabling to be concern with underneath, the transfer case shifter cable mounting has been updated since the early ones that were a bit loose, so again, no real concern there.

The gas cap alignment? I'm guessing you mean the fuel filler door? Same as above.

Premium sound, it would be advantageous to take a quick gander at the gain/cross over adjustments on the subwoofer if it sounds "off" at all, otherwise, it's fine.

Definitely drive and check functionality though! Make sure high range to low range and locking/unlocking the center diff is fine (ensure that it is in whichever position you want SOLIDLY before placing it back into drive/reverse, by this I mean make sure the collar is locked in place). Also test the F/R diff locks before you leave the dealer, remember that while these are electrically actuated, the sensor that tells the system/switch/lights that they are engaged or disengaged works off of the wheel speed sensors, so it needs to see them at different speeds (or attempting different speeds), so gentle turns can help this, doesn't need much speed difference, just something.

Most of all, don't forget to enjoy it :)
Thx, and yes, fuel filler door...;)

Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Greetings to a friendly and valuable owner's/ enthusiast forum! Got the call yesterday evening that my Grenadier had arrived at the dealer(Elliott Bay, Seattle, WA), but predelivery inspection, etc still pending. So in 2-3 weeks, potentially completing the purchase. With the collective wisdom of the forum: what should buyers be looking at before taking their treasures home? I've been told the tow package troubles are in the past. Exposed cabling underneath? The gas cap alignment? Premium Sound check? A drive to check various functions?
Without stretching into too many additional thread subjects(*), my build-from-base ended up being a Field master spec, with 17" alloys, Saddle leather, Rough pack, hitch, high load panel, checker plates, int/ ext utility rails, side runners, cross bars, prem sound. Probably will pay the dealer to install the runners and checkers(total, $500), but install the rest myself. I know the runners are just a few bolts, but it would be nice to have the steps at pickup- we live about 90 minutes and a ferry ride away.
As an introduction, I've been following the Grenadier story for years since the first rumors. Physician*, now 60 yo*, Whippet companion*, mtn bike* and dirt bike rider*, current vehicles* 2017 RRS, 2011 M3, 2009 Tundra Crewmax, 2019 Sprinter based camper. Daughter gifted prior LR2. Thought heavily about buying the New Defender(although a friend's son saying that they looked like a Kia Soul sapped some of my ardor...). Also thought about Defender restomods, and the G-wagon(both silly expensive). And once you see a G-wagon parked next to a Grenadier, the Merc just looks feminine;)
Thank you to all who have shared so much advice and information. Looking forward to tackling the BDRs of the western US!

Hi Headoutside,

I will only share this with you if you don't tell your dealer I am the one providing it as I don't want to be blamed for slowing up their delivery process and get branded as being a bit OCD.

Please find attached the Ineos 4-page single line PDI check list. I recommend you call your dealer in advance and request they provide you a completed copy for your files when you take delivery.

I have also put together a word document for me to use to check the vehicle out. I tried to attach it as a word doc, however was unable to. I have attached it as a PDF.
You can use it as a guideline to create your own PDI word document list to take with you and keep up to date.

It is no way complete, just a guide map for me to move through too quickly inspect the vehicle. . DaBull

Attachments

• PDI Pre-Dellivery Check List.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • Your Own PID List.pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 87

Headoutside

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Headoutside,

I will only share this with you if you don't tell your dealer I am the one providing it as I don't want to be blamed for slowing up their delivery process and get branded as being a bit OCD.

Please find attached the Ineos 4-page single line PDI check list. I recommend you call your dealer in advance and request they provide you a completed copy for your files when you take delivery.

I have also put together a word document for me to use to check the vehicle out. I tried to attach it as a word doc, however was unable to. I have attached it as a PDF.
You can use it as a guideline to create your own PDI word document list to take with you and keep up to date.

It is no way complete, just a guide map for me to move through too quickly inspect the vehicle. . DaBull
DaBull, thank you, and your secret is safe with me...The thorough checklist is appreciated, and a great idea. I know I'm going to be overstimulated with excitement at pickup, and reference to a list will help a lot. Asking the dealer about the alarm system and ferry travel was good insight. Is the transfer case collar/ pin still an ongoing issue?

Reactions: PBD

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Headoutside,

We can now Submit these types of documents to the resources section. It’s been opened up to all members.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget if you have the winch give the rope a good pull with it clutched in. Ie in the winching position. Mine was slipping. If that’s the case then your plasma lock needs to be adjusted. It’s in the owners manual.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi Headoutside,

I too plan to utilize these handy checklists created by an "unknown, classified" source!
I suspect a midwest pro basketball fan that rooted for DaBulls during their heyday! Certainly not anyone from either coast :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom