The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread DaBull's Grenadier Journey & Build

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Congrats! Be interesting to see your feedback on the factory sidesteps especially after you get your sliders.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
YEA DABULL!!! So happy for you brother! What a great color!! LOL, I am super fond of the Slate Blue as you well know. Can't wait to see the build coming together as you attach all the goodies you have in storage. Keep us posted, and let's chat whenever you are ready to talk Grens!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi ScottAZ,

Like everyone, I have been researching modifications and upgrades for my Grenadier.

It has been great to watch a robust aftermarket spring up to offer incredible designs and products for the Grenadier, some of which we did not know even existed. It seems everyday something new springs into existence.

One of the first things I had to do is define how I wanted to use the vehicle.
Once I did that, it created a road map. Having a road map has help me define what
products I need and want for my Grenadier.

Like many others, my Grenadier will be serving more than just one purpose.

One one hand it will be a daily driver that needs to be easily accessible for my 4'11" wife, her mom, my nephew and nieces and real estate clients and on the other hand it needs to be a proper Surf Adventure Vehicle to ply the coast for waves and to also go over landing, of which I have a lot to learn about. Some of these uses may seem to be in conflict with each other, however I have found a way to mold them seamlessly. More to follow on that aspect later.

I am also hoping to eventually add a small trailer for camping out vs a tent, as my wife
likes a bit of lux and at my age, I do too. Hotels may be a back up plan until then.

In some cases I have found existing products that suit my needs and wants.
In other cases I have not, and have set out to design and build them or have
other manufactures build them for me. This has led to a few collaborations
with other manufactures in some small or large ways, some of which other
Grenadier owners are already enjoying or soon will be.

I have found it amazing how open many manufactures are to listening
to my ideas and suggestions and that they have actually taken them under consideration and
produced improved products. Some are just small changes and in one case I think I
may have opened a new product category that was not being very well served.

I am amazed that they did not hang up on me and then again it may be
because I am one hell of a good salesman and can be tenacious as a bull.
It's also because many of them are just now designing products for the
Grenadier and that I have been fortunate enough to talk to them before
they have finalized their designs and gone into production.

Although I am not an engineer, my mind kind of works like one.
The moment I see a product, I am either redesigning it, or see a way to improve it to
fit my needs. When I was younger I designed & engineered an aluminum extrusion
and plate system for a sporting goods product and received a patent for it. I had
a blast manufacturing it and selling them up and down the coast
where I developed my sales skills that eventually led me to being a
real estate broker selling beach property in Ventura County, California for the last 44 years.

My design ethos is aligned with the Grenadier, which is "Nothing More
and Nothing Less". I like most, love great design and reducing a products design down
to its simplest form is what I strive for.

Having the Grenadier come along has reignited the creative side of me,
like I see it has for all the other Grenadier owners who are customizing
their Grenadiers to fit their needs.
It is truly a blank canvas we can all paint upon.

Here is a short list of products that I have ordered so far.
Later on I will give the reasons why I liked these products and
links to them too.

1 ) Canvas storage bags by Rob at OverlandGrearGuy.com
2) Rear seat recline brackets.
3) Drawer system by Alan of Diabolical Inc.
4) 3/4 roof rack by Bernard Leitner of Leitner Designs.
5) Buzz Overland's Door Hinge Step by Ryan & Alex at Buzz Overland.
6) Rinse Kit Cube, Heater and Touchless nozzle.
7) Special Order Custom Rock Sliders with a reasonable step height that still maintains great
ground clearance.
8) GP Factor Folding Tailgate Table with Extended Storage Cubby
9) GP Factor 2-Piece Camp Shovel Tool - Blue
Link to Review: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/gp-factor.12413696/post-1333258471

Some of the products that I am in the design stages on or in collaboration with others are;
A boot cover to hide all your gear underneath.
A portable camping table

For anyone actually reading this post, thanks for taking the time to read it. I apologize for being so verbose, I can't help it, I am always in sales mode or maybe just passionate about everything Grenadier. Feel free to reach out with questions or private message me through the forum if you would like to talk.
Respectfully, DaBull
Where did you get a rear seat recline bracket? Does it work?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations DaBull :cool: I too collected my Grenadier from Rusnak on the 7th just a couple hours after you. Great looking rig... enjoy!!
Hi Kb6tho, We just missed each other. Love the Eldoret Blue and the contrast white roof. An instant classic! Hope to see it in person one day. Perhaps at one of the off road events. DaBull

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations DaBull :cool: I too collected my Grenadier from Rusnak on the 7th just a couple hours after you. Great looking rig... enjoy!!
Congratulations! Have fun with your Grenadier!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you get a rear seat recline bracket? Does it work?
Hi SkiBum1, I purchased it on Ebay, The build quality was impressive. It's made out of thick steel. I think there is just one company in China who is making it and many websites are offering the exact same item from the same supplier. I see some are advertising it as an aluminum alloy, which is not correct. You can go to ebay and just enter the search term
Rear Seat Backrest Adjustment Bracket Fits Ineos Grenadier 2020-2024
and you will see many offerings. The seller I purchased from was decar2022.
My total USD cost was $102.77 when I ordered it.
I sent my brackets down to Goose Gear so that they could take into consideration the extra slant when designing their drawer system. I just received them back today and plan on installing them in the next couple days. From everything I have seen online, they are perfect for the rear seat passengers to have a more relaxed recline position instead of the seat back being so upright. The brackets are super easy to install from the video's I have seen. The brackets provide for a 2.17" further recline towards the rear at the top of the seat back. Once I install them I will post my thoughts. DaBull

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi SkiBum1, I purchased it on Ebay, The build quality was impressive. It's made out of thick steel. I think there is just one company in China who is making it and many websites are offering the exact same item from the same supplier. I see some are advertising it as an aluminum alloy, which is not correct. You can go to ebay and just enter the search term
I sent my brackets down to Goose Gear so that they could take into consideration the extra slant when designing their drawer system. I just received them back today and plan on installing them in the next couple days. From everything I have seen online, they are perfect for the rear seat passengers to have a more relaxed recline position instead of the seat back being so upright. The brackets are super easy to install from the video's I have seen. The brackets provide for a 2.17" further recline towards the rear at the top of the seat back. Once I install them I will post my thoughts. DaBull
Thanks for the info! I am picking up my Grenadier in a few hours, so planning for my upgrades. Stereo, seat bracket, new front spots/or led light bar etc…. I have been waiting forever at this point and today is the day.
I was on the fence many times, but finally decided that it isn’t my daily driver and drives a hell of a lot better than my 66 Fairlane, 60 VW bus and so if I live those, this will be luxury!

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Kb6tho, We just missed each other. Love the Eldoret Blue and the contrast white roof. An instant classic! Hope to see it in person one day. Perhaps at one of the off road events. DaBull
Thank you @DaBull… looking forward to meeting in person 👍😎

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are indeed relatively easy to install. The only watchout I learned is that the "old" ones are installed tightly and you need to be sure the socket engages fully and perhaps have an extender on your socket handle to get enough initial leverage. Everyone who has ridden in the backseat (before and after) have commented on how much more comfortable the sitting position is after the exchange.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh yeah, meant to include, I found the tool they provided to not be sufficient in leverage nor how well it engages. So I went to my tool box and used a proper socket and handle. Made the exchange easier on the other three bolts.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am picking up my Grenadier in a few hours, so planning for my upgrades. Stereo, seat bracket, new front spots/or led light bar etc…. I have been waiting forever at this point and today is the day.
I was on the fence many times, but finally decided that it isn’t my daily driver and drives a hell of a lot better than my 66 Fairlane, 60 VW bus and so if I live those, this will be luxury!
Hi SkiBum1, 60's VW Bus! My very first vehicle was a primer grey 1957 VW Bus Cargo Van with double doors on both sides. My parents bought it for me and they could not understand how I loved this bus so much. To me, I had just received my drivers license and it was pure freedom having my bus to go anywhere. I loved the overhead air control panel at the roof that to me looked the makings of an airplane cockpit. I installed switches that had lights that would go on when engaged and imagined myself as a pilot of a magical bus, which in many ways it was....... Getting a Grenadier is a completion of the circle to get back to the exact same feeling i had when driving my VW Bus.
Good Vibrations to you and your new Grenadier.
DaBull

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I bought the seat recliner kit off Ebay from China and have to echo earlier comments, the kit is solid and great quality with the necessary tool to remove the bolts
and its made a big difference to the angle and comfort of the rear seats. It was £66 so a bargain and excellent quality

I would recommend to anyone

Back
Top Bottom