The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Kimberly by the looks, Wanjina artwork? don't think I've seen them outside the Kimberly.
Sure looks like Wandjinas. I have some Snake Wandjinas from the Artisan Range in the Northern Kimberleys. Wandjina head and shoulders with long snake bodies. From memory the longest was about 17 feet long.

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those that are waiting and those that already have their Grenadier, the AUS-spec side repeater light mounts aren't great, at least for those with a raised air intake...

I did a decent trip over the last week and the side repeater (with it's mount) popped out of the the raised air intake and was left dangling in the wind as soon as I hit heavy corrugations. Once it had popped out the first time it wasn't staying still, it had popped out at every stop on the way home even if it was just highway driving.

I swung past my local agent yesterday and it appears to be a known problem, I went in to ask what sealant would be best to use to hold it in place and wouldn't damage the plastics and they "semi" fixed it on the spot with a light adhesive, apparently there is new mounts on the way that will address the problem.

The passenger side repeater has stayed in place though so it appears limited to side repeaters installed in the raised air intake.

It does however highlight that the OEM raised air intake is just that, it's a raised air intake, it is not a sealed "snorkel"!
My Grenadier is almost ready to pickup and is just waiting on the new side blinkers. I was advised by INEOS HO that the previous mounts that have been supplied are not the final fix. The shipment about to arrive any day is the first of the proper part and any already delivered Grenadiers will have them replaced with the new part.

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier is almost ready to pickup and is just waiting on the new side blinkers. I was advised by INEOS HO that the previous mounts that have been supplied are not the final fix. The shipment about to arrive any day is the first of the proper part and any already delivered Grenadiers will have them replaced with the new part.

I was told exactly the same.
It was a pain to wait but the actual real benefit is that from behind In traffic when the driver indicates they are impressively bright and absolutely help in my experience in lane changes in Sydney for example.

So all in all happy they (govt) forced the change

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
I continue to be the not-so-proud owner of a $130k paper weight, that seems only good for holding down the concrete in my garage. After weeks off the road (haven’t even gone ‘off road’ yet), in addition to having paid weeks in advance, my car is still not fixed and all I’m getting is bureaucratic bickering between the dealer and Ineos, with me stuck in the middle not knowing what is going on, or what is actually being done to fix my car.

Unfortunately, it seems the only option I have now is legal intervention to try to force Ineos Automotive to get the problem fixed.

It’s obviously a pain in the ass and not something I want, or should need to do, but I simply can’t afford to have so much invested in something that I paid for almost 6 weeks ago, still don’t have, and constantly having to make compromises week after week.

If anyone here has any experience with the legalities and can give me some pointers, that would be very much appreciated.

I’m in Brissy, so any recommendations for solicitors who are familiar with this area of law, would also be appreciated.

NB: the problem with my car is that the centre diff lock wouldn’t disengage, and then after the first ‘repair’, wouldn’t engage. Apparently there is some problem with the linkage between the shifter and the transfer box, with the dealer and Ineos arguing about what’s happening with spare parts.

I understand that the transfer box was designed by Ineos and there have been issues with it requiring some to be replaced, mine is now proving unreliable and difficult to repair, so it looks like the heart of the 4x4 system in the Grenadier has design flaws.

The dealer has been great and provided me with a demo Grenadier to drive, but it's not set up for what I need and I can’t do what I want, so it’s only a convenience for me to get around in.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If it's just a ,mechanical linkage (the CDL is mechanical) I can't see why some old school mechanic can't diagnose the issue.
I presume you have the transfer box with the "B" suffix?

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree it's mechanical (which is disappointing with the Grenadier), but it's been with the dealer for the last 2 weeks, so I don't know what suffix it has

They only suggested replacing the transfer box after the first day it was with them, but I don't think that has happened, so they must think it's ok, the problem is just the linkages, which should be an easy quick fix.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I continue to be the not-so-proud owner of a $130k paper weight, that seems only good for holding down the concrete in my garage. After weeks off the road (haven’t even gone ‘off road’ yet), in addition to having paid weeks in advance, my car is still not fixed and all I’m getting is bureaucratic bickering between the dealer and Ineos, with me stuck in the middle not knowing what is going on, or what is actually being done to fix my car.

Unfortunately, it seems the only option I have now is legal intervention to try to force Ineos Automotive to get the problem fixed.

It’s obviously a pain in the ass and not something I want, or should need to do, but I simply can’t afford to have so much invested in something that I paid for almost 6 weeks ago, still don’t have, and constantly having to make compromises week after week.

If anyone here has any experience with the legalities and can give me some pointers, that would be very much appreciated.

I’m in Brissy, so any recommendations for solicitors who are familiar with this area of law, would also be appreciated.

NB: the problem with my car is that the centre diff lock wouldn’t disengage, and then after the first ‘repair’, wouldn’t engage. Apparently there is some problem with the linkage between the shifter and the transfer box, with the dealer and Ineos arguing about what’s happening with spare parts.

I understand that the transfer box was designed by Ineos and there have been issues with it requiring some to be replaced, mine is now proving unreliable and difficult to repair, so it looks like the heart of the 4x4 system in the Grenadier has design flaws.

The dealer has been great and provided me with a demo Grenadier to drive, but it's not set up for what I need and I can’t do what I want, so it’s only a convenience for me to get around in.
Not sure you need to lawyer up, read up on the Australian Consumer Law. If your vehicle has a major fault that can't be fixed within a reasonable amount of time you are entitled to your choice of repair, replacement or refund. If you have reached your limit request a refund in writing from your dealer and Ineos. If you do not receive a positive response (or a quicker fix of the issue) contact the Queensland Office of Fair Trading and / or the ACCC. You could pay a lawyer $625 per hour billed in 15 minute increments to do it on your behalf but that may be throwing good money after bad.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I continue to be the not-so-proud owner of a $130k paper weight, that seems only good for holding down the concrete in my garage. After weeks off the road (haven’t even gone ‘off road’ yet), in addition to having paid weeks in advance, my car is still not fixed and all in.
It is obviously very disappointing for you, and anyone would want the new car to function. For what its worth, ive had a fair bit to do with Ineos Australia, and I have found the to be extremely motivated towards all of us, and their work. Thats not to say that lots will go a bit wonky, especially as everything is still a first for dealers and parts chains etc, but they are extremely motivated already to get problems fixed, and their corporate culture really is aware of, and bothered by any situation like yours.
you also have a demo loan car, which, with not enough demos in the country, is a big statement from them towards you. I know you cant modify it or go bush, but… there’s quite a signal of them taking it seriously.
so, going legal might not make a lot of difference to the speed of result, but will of course have some effects, and costs.
i dont know how good the communication is - if there’s a specific part, and it has just not been in the country, then your 3 week problem (you paid 3 weeks before car arrived?) is painful, but understandable unfortunately. It does seem to be rare, globally, that a car is off the road, especially for more than a couple of days, but you are certainly not the only one on the forum, theres a few Since launch.
completely your choice, but patience and understanding, with a good dose of communicating, might get a better long term ownership experience than setting a lawyer into the mix.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree it's mechanical (which is disappointing with the Grenadier), but it's been with the dealer for the last 2 weeks, so I don't know what suffix it has

They only suggested replacing the transfer box after the first day it was with them, but I don't think that has happened, so they must think it's ok, the problem is just the linkages, which should be an easy quick fix.
It can't be the transfer case itself as they have spare transfer cases in Brisbane, unless they have run out of them.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It can't be the transfer case itself as they have spare transfer cases in Brisbane, unless they have run out of them.
They will know from the VIN if it's one of the early not up to scratch cases.
Hopefully no test pilot damaged the gears.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Sad to hear of the failure. Hope it’s resolved soon.

This may explain why my vehicle was pulled from the July shipment. Mine was ready to go then all of a sudden know one knows where it is. Customer service “have been looking into it” for the last couple of weeks. On one call the rep did let slip something about a transfer case. My only assumption is it is being “replaced” which would make sense if it was in a bad batch?
Be nice if there would just tell me that!

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is obviously very disappointing for you, and anyone would want the new car to function. For what its worth, ive had a fair bit to do with Ineos Australia, and I have found the to be extremely motivated towards all of us, and their work. Thats not to say that lots will go a bit wonky, especially as everything is still a first for dealers and parts chains etc, but they are extremely motivated already to get problems fixed, and their corporate culture really is aware of, and bothered by any situation like yours.
you also have a demo loan car, which, with not enough demos in the country, is a big statement from them towards you. I know you cant modify it or go bush, but… there’s quite a signal of them taking it seriously.
so, going legal might not make a lot of difference to the speed of result, but will of course have some effects, and costs.
i dont know how good the communication is - if there’s a specific part, and it has just not been in the country, then your 3 week problem (you paid 3 weeks before car arrived?) is painful, but understandable unfortunately. It does seem to be rare, globally, that a car is off the road, especially for more than a couple of days, but you are certainly not the only one on the forum, theres a few Since launch.
completely your choice, but patience and understanding, with a good dose of communicating, might get a better long term ownership experience than setting a lawyer into the mix.
Voice of reason thanks James, but this should be a very easy fix and the parts are simple mechanical components, that should be readily available within a few days, even from overseas., so I wish I shared your sentiment that they are motivated to fix problems, because I'm not feeling it. If it is rare for a car to be off the road for this long, and this is an anomaly, I expect better communication from Ineos to the affected customer, not just relying on the dealer. It's the main reason I've finally posted on the forum, hoping this will motivate them to escalate the problem so it actually gets fixed. Having to pay weeks in advance only compounds the issue when there are post delivery problems, it's a policy Ineos should look at, especially when it isn't consistent across all customers.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Voice of reason thanks James, but this should be a very easy fix and the parts are simple mechanical components, that should be readily available within a few days, even from overseas., so I wish I shared your sentiment that they are motivated to fix problems, because I'm not feeling it. If it is rare for a car to be off the road for this long, and this is an anomaly, I expect better communication from Ineos to the affected customer, not just relying on the dealer. It's the main reason I've finally posted on the forum, hoping this will motivate them to escalate the problem so it actually gets fixed. Having to pay weeks in advance only compounds the issue when there are post delivery problems, it's a policy Ineos should look at, especially when it isn't consistent across all customers.
I think you’re right, and definitely going to get a lot of agreement that Ineos can improve its communication; hopefully Ineos A/pac is not adding to any deficits there, but they also cant fix them.

I’m interested to know what your problem turns out to be; the linkages between the in-cabin shifter and the transfer case are quite a puzzling design, and look a little sub-optimal. they are different for left and right hand drive, and make what can be a very smooth and communicative control as per the older rover family, where the lever goes directly into the transfer case and you can feel teeth engaging, into something indirect, and potential unreliable. So im watching for issues like this, pls let us know when its resolved what it was. Im hoping mine loosens up nicely.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds
I think you’re right, and definitely going to get a lot of agreement that Ineos can improve its communication; hopefully Ineos A/pac is not adding to any deficits there, but they also cant fix them.

I’m interested to know what your problem turns out to be; the linkages between the in-cabin shifter and the transfer case are quite a puzzling design, and look a little sub-optimal. they are different for left and right hand drive, and make what can be a very smooth and communicative control as per the older rover family, where the lever goes directly into the transfer case and you can feel teeth engaging, into something indirect, and potential unreliable. So im watching for issues like this, pls let us know when its resolved what it was. Im hoping mine loosens up nicely.
Sounds about right, on the underside there were two cables behind the transfer box that loop back on themselves (180 degrees), I didn't examine where they came from or went to, but according to the dealer they are the link between the shifter and the gears.

They had ripped the mounting bracket off the underside of the car and were hanging down, apparently due to the connection coming loose from the shifter.

I still had weight and could feel the gears meshing when the in-cabin shifter was moved backwards and forwards (between high & low), but there was no weight moving left to right (between locked & unlocked).

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If this was the Gold Coast then I do believe your car was there when I was getting my software update couple of weeks ago. Said it was the first with any significant issue sorry to say. Seems they know which vehicles have the replaced box as when I climbed under mine on delivery they were aware it already had the replacement box. It's disappointing parts seem to be the issue given the promises of old and it's probably in the back of everyone's mind just what parts are in stock in Aus and how long would it take to receive parts not in stock. Not much consolation but Gold Coast do seem to be on the ball and from my experience would be doing everything they can to get your car back to you. Not sure if I.A. read this forum but they are known to read FB I.G. Owners Australia. Hopefully the fix is just around the corner and you're back on the road. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to find some dirt roads tomorrow to see how mine goes...

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sad to hear of the failure. Hope it’s resolved soon.

This may explain why my vehicle was pulled from the July shipment. Mine was ready to go then all of a sudden know one knows where it is. Customer service “have been looking into it” for the last couple of weeks. On one call the rep did let slip something about a transfer case. My only assumption is it is being “replaced” which would make sense if it was in a bad batch?
Be nice if there would just tell me that!
You are not alone. My car seems to be with yours. It apparently arrived in Fremantle late August and was supposed to be a week away from being at the dealer 2 weeks ago. Rang the dealer a couple of times this week for an update and no response to messages left, which is disappointing.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You are not alone. My car seems to be with yours. It apparently arrived in Fremantle late August and was supposed to be a week away from being at the dealer 2 weeks ago. Rang the dealer a couple of times this week for an update and no response to messages left, which is disappointing.
Wow. I’d be camping out the front of the showroom.
I suggest you go in and speak to Sherwin. If yours was shipped as you say it’s probably out the back waiting for side indicators.

He has a list and should be able give you some update. Apart from mine or the early ones have been shipped

Good luck.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow. I’d be camping out the front of the showroom.
I suggest you go in and speak to Sherwin. If yours was shipped as you say it’s probably out the back waiting for side indicators.

He has a list and should be able give you some update. Apart from mine or the early ones have been shipped

Good luck.
Thanks. I'm nowhere near staking out the showroom LOL but do call in if i am over their way, Last time was a couple of weeks ago when it was supposed to be a week away. I'm not too stressed but its disappointing that they are no longer returning phone calls or emails for that matter. If i ran my business like that I would be broke very quickly.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The dealers have other brands and maybe even more important clients 🙂

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If this was the Gold Coast then I do believe your car was there when I was getting my software update couple of weeks ago. Said it was the first with any significant issue sorry to say. Seems they know which vehicles have the replaced box as when I climbed under mine on delivery they were aware it already had the replacement box. It's disappointing parts seem to be the issue given the promises of old and it's probably in the back of everyone's mind just what parts are in stock in Aus and how long would it take to receive parts not in stock. Not much consolation but Gold Coast do seem to be on the ball and from my experience would be doing everything they can to get your car back to you. Not sure if I.A. read this forum but they are known to read FB I.G. Owners Australia. Hopefully the fix is just around the corner and you're back on the road. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to find some dirt roads tomorrow to see how mine goes...
If it was a very nice looking shale blue with white top, bull bar, rails & side steps ... then yes, that's the one, you can see why I want it back soooooo bad :)

Back
Top Bottom