The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
For those that are waiting and those that already have their Grenadier, the AUS-spec side repeater light mounts aren't great, at least for those with a raised air intake...

I did a decent trip over the last week and the side repeater (with it's mount) popped out of the the raised air intake and was left dangling in the wind as soon as I hit heavy corrugations. Once it had popped out the first time it wasn't staying still, it had popped out at every stop on the way home even if it was just highway driving.

I swung past my local agent yesterday and it appears to be a known problem, I went in to ask what sealant would be best to use to hold it in place and wouldn't damage the plastics and they "semi" fixed it on the spot with a light adhesive, apparently there is new mounts on the way that will address the problem.

The passenger side repeater has stayed in place though so it appears limited to side repeaters installed in the raised air intake.

It does however highlight that the OEM raised air intake is just that, it's a raised air intake, it is not a sealed "snorkel"!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
For those that are waiting and those that already have their Grenadier, the AUS-spec side repeater light mounts aren't great, at least for those with a raised air intake...

I did a decent trip over the last week and the side repeater (with it's mount) popped out of the the raised air intake and was left dangling in the wind as soon as I hit heavy corrugations. Once it had popped out the first time it wasn't staying still, it had popped out at every stop on the way home even if it was just highway driving.

I swung past my local agent yesterday and it appears to be a known problem, I went in to ask what sealant would be best to use to hold it in place and wouldn't damage the plastics and they "semi" fixed it on the spot with a light adhesive, apparently there is new mounts on the way that will address the problem.

The passenger side repeater has stayed in place though so it appears limited to side repeaters installed in the raised air intake.

It does however highlight that the OEM raised air intake is just that, it's a raised air intake, it is not a sealed "snorkel"!
Definitely, some have used Sikaflex 227 in black to fit it permanently.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Delivered!
Summary in First impressions thread
Nice Tazzie!!! The only thing I took note of was the footrest and because you are ok with it I'm feeing half confident it won't bother me. But if it does I have rose tints for the Oakleys!!! Sounds like the car has found its home... or the owner???!!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Nice Tazzie!!! The only thing I took note of was the footrest and because you are ok with it I'm feeing half confident it won't bother me. But if it does I have rose tints for the Oakleys!!! Sounds like the car has found its home... or the owner???!!!
I'm sure you will find a comfortable position. The steering wheel can be moved in and out and the seat elevated. If your wrists just touch the top of the SW you are in the correct position for proper control.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm sure you will find a comfortable position. The steering wheel can be moved in and out and the seat elevated. If your wrists just touch the top of the SW you are in the correct position for proper control.
But Tazzie, does it have an "N" on the compass?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
There is no N in Tasmania... just L (for left) - they have their own spec. Not even a right...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier has arrived at my agent, 4x4 Garage, in Canberra. Unfortunately the accessories and indicators have not, so a little longer to wait. Exciting times.
Great news Woody!!
I got a hint yesterday that a "large" container of "stuff" has arrived in Melb. at the Ineos Aust. parts warehouse and distribution centre (currently one of 3 in the world). Was further told that it contained a good proportion of accessories including many of the elusive rear door picnic tables.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom