The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Damaged at Port

Ivon

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
My car arrived to GA port on December 18, 2023. Today, 3/8/24 just found out from dealer it has roof & door damage in transport. So upset! So long to find this out after waiting all this time. Options were to take car damaged (no way), pick one in lot which does not have all my options or order another & Ineos will speed up my new order (2 months delivery). 😞

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. My sincere hopes you get the spec you want, either through existing cancelled orders or your spec in 2-months.

Maybe you’ll find one on a dealer lot with everything + the winch ;)

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Oh no...Almost 3 months since it arrived.

I hope you find one in the lot that is close enough or even better.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car arrived to GA port on December 18, 2023. Today, 3/8/24 just found out from dealer it has roof & door damage in transport. So upset! So long to find this out after waiting all this time. Options were to take car damaged (no way), pick one in lot which does not have all my options or order another & Ineos will speed up my new order (2 months delivery). 😞
How substantial is the damage? Maybe it'll be easier to swallow if they knock a nice chunk off the orince.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that. My opinion, for what it is worth, order a new one ( I'm sure Ineos will stick with the 2 month delivery under the circumstances) because you will never be happy having to accept a substitute vehicle other than your own personal build. Ineos should still nevertheless be offering some good will gesture as well. Throw in some options free gratis.f

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ivon check out Ineos Knauz (Chicagoland) as they have a varied inventory available - very unfortunate your misfortune and
unlikely one will match your spec so your best bet is to reorder and hope they stick to 2-3 month timeline.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Ivon From what our local dealership told me, if they have any cancelled orders on hand they are selling them to existing order holders without a markup in place of your existing reservation but you would have to get whatever color/options it has

Ivon

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. My sincere hopes you get the spec you want, either through existing cancelled orders or your spec in 2-months.

Maybe you’ll find one on a dealer lot with everything + the winch ;)
None in lot with options or color I liked. Went ahead & ordered same as I had & hopefully Ineos keeps their promise of fast production for my troubles.

Ivon

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Ivon From what our local dealership told me, if they have any cancelled orders on hand they are selling them to existing order holders without a markup in place of your existing reservation but you would have to get whatever color/options it has
They had an Elderet blue with white roof but did not have towing package, wheels/rims or deferential locks. Stuff that we really wanted.

Ivon

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that. My opinion, for what it is worth, order a new one ( I'm sure Ineos will stick with the 2 month delivery under the circumstances) because you will never be happy having to accept a substitute vehicle other than your own personal build. Ineos should still nevertheless be offering some good will gesture as well. Throw in some options free gratis.f
Thanks Eric. Yes we went ahead & placed order again for same color & options we had chosen. Not worth settling & I agree with you, we will not be happy. I will repost my 2nd time order experience & let you all know how Ineos handles it all.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They had an Elderet blue with white roof but did not have towing package, wheels/rims or deferential locks. Stuff that we really wanted.
As I suspected.
Anyone seeking tow package is out of luck as that option seems to be virtually non-existent amongst available IG's.

Ivon

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Update-Car sent into production April 4th as they promised & Ineos provided me with new Vin number. 👍

Back
Top Bottom