The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone found any good trails/locations near Pittsburgh?
A few hrs East presents you with all the Central PA state forests that have a good bit of light/mild trails... Purple Lizard has maps for most of these that are fantastic... The Mid Atlantic BDR also runs through the same area

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Rudy here from Pittsburgh, PA. I placed my reservation late last year and just today received my Pre-Order #. I guess it was a good time to officially join the forum and stop lurking. lol

I am a long-time 4X4 enthusiast. Have owned about 15 IH Scouts over the years including a new 1979 Scout II purchased in 2010 (yes true) and several SSII's. Also a few vintage Power Wagons including a factory 4X4 Town Wagon.

About 6 years ago I started to get into overlanding and use my 1993 Toyota FZJ80 for that. An Arizona vehicle since coming to PA in 2018 it has no rust but has 368K miles on the odometer. I love the rig but also realize that planned obsolescence occurs even in the land of Land Cruisers. The Grenadier will be taking its place.

I went the 'Poverty Pack' route:
Scottish White
Rubber floor mats
Rear ladder
NAS trailer hitch w/ electrics
Front/Rear differential lockers ala carte

I contemplated the lockers. Don't have them on the FJ. Never needed them or the Warn winch mounted to an ARB bumper on the rig. But everyone wants the factory lockers in the FJ community, so I felt it was prudent to order them. For when I sell. Down the road. Plus, I wasn't buying the winch for the Grenadier so having the lockers gives me some sense of security if the trail starts to get a little ominous.

Thanks for having me!
Rudy
Natrona Heights, PA (Pittsburgh)
Rudy what you gonna do with that old obsolete 80 series

Back
Top Bottom