The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Rudy

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Rudy here from Pittsburgh, PA. I placed my reservation late last year and just today received my Pre-Order #. I guess it was a good time to officially join the forum and stop lurking. lol

I am a long-time 4X4 enthusiast. Have owned about 15 IH Scouts over the years including a new 1979 Scout II purchased in 2010 (yes true) and several SSII's. Also a few vintage Power Wagons including a factory 4X4 Town Wagon.

About 6 years ago I started to get into overlanding and use my 1993 Toyota FZJ80 for that. An Arizona vehicle since coming to PA in 2018 it has no rust but has 368K miles on the odometer. I love the rig but also realize that planned obsolescence occurs even in the land of Land Cruisers. The Grenadier will be taking its place.

I went the 'Poverty Pack' route:
Scottish White
Rubber floor mats
Rear ladder
NAS trailer hitch w/ electrics
Front/Rear differential lockers ala carte

I contemplated the lockers. Don't have them on the FJ. Never needed them or the Warn winch mounted to an ARB bumper on the rig. But everyone wants the factory lockers in the FJ community, so I felt it was prudent to order them. For when I sell. Down the road. Plus, I wasn't buying the winch for the Grenadier so having the lockers gives me some sense of security if the trail starts to get a little ominous.

Thanks for having me!
Rudy
Natrona Heights, PA (Pittsburgh)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Welcome. I also got the poverty pack, but the + version with the lockers.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
Welcome along Rudy 👋
Sounds like you'll be putting it to some good use, once it arrives (y):)

Rudy

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Rudy, I am also in Pittsburgh! The Grenadier will be my first off road capable car. My wife has a Range Rover Sport but it is more of a mall crawler.
Thanks Shiv!
I'm the GM & Curator of Dual Devils Garage in Houston just off I-79S between Canonsburg and Washington. Having CarsNCoffee at my place tomorrow (Sat) 9-noon. Bring the Range Rover and stop on in and say "hi!".

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just picked my ride today from Devon, PA. I’m in Fox Chapel. Any one else in the area?

Michael
Fox Chapel PA
I picked up mine about a week ago. I am in North Huntingdon. Welcome! we are probably the only ones in Pittsburgh!

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m about an hour south in Morgantown, WV - however always been a PA (and PSU) guy (from Hershey originally). I’ve had my Grenadier since 12/20. Lots of inquisitive looks from people around these parts.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m about an hour south in Morgantown, WV - however always been a PA (and PSU) guy (from Hershey originally). I’ve had my Grenadier since 12/20. Lots of inquisitive looks from people around these parts.
what dealer are u using for service?

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Shiv!
I'm the GM & Curator of Dual Devils Garage in Houston just off I-79S between Canonsburg and Washington. Having CarsNCoffee at my place tomorrow (Sat) 9-noon. Bring the Range Rover and stop on in and say "hi!".
Rudy, please tell me more about Dual Devils Garage? Very interesting business model…

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Shiv!
* For those not in the know - Houston PENN. (not Texas).

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what dealer are u using for service?
Right now, RDS in Devon, PA. Although, I’m hoping an Ineos service center opens in the Wash DMV area in the future, as I travel there quite a bit for work and to my in-laws. I also have a mini cooper s which I got serviced by Snyder Auto in Greensburg, PA - they seem really good - I might call them and talk about servicing the Ineos there since it’s a small shop and they also have a BMW engine tech there. We’ll see.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right now, RDS in Devon, PA. Although, I’m hoping an Ineos service center opens in the Wash DMV area in the future, as I travel there quite a bit for work and to my in-laws. I also have a mini cooper s which I got serviced by Snyder Auto in Greensburg, PA - they seem really good - I might call them and talk about servicing the Ineos there since it’s a small shop and they also have a BMW engine tech there. We’ll see.
please keep me updated. thanks.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos was planning a future location in either Columbus or Cleveland. I wonder when that would be available since it's only ~3 hrs away.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Just picked my ride today from Devon, PA. I’m in Fox Chapel. Any one else in the area?

Michael
Fox Chapel PA
Not from there but went to Dorseyville JR high and the first freshman class of the new high school at the time. I was class of 1994.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos was planning a future location in either Columbus or Cleveland. I wonder when that would be available since it's only ~3 hrs away.
I believe the next round of dealers are scheduled to open in late 2024; not sure if an OH dealer is in that block or not

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the next round of dealers are scheduled to open in late 2024; not sure if an OH dealer is in that block or not
There once was a map on the Ineos site which indicated a dealership in Columbus, OH. That map has since disappeared. I do hope that at some point a dealership opens in Ohio or Western PA.

Back
Top Bottom