The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from EM in DC USA

ED Mulrenin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a Trailmaster yesterday, and hope to find answers to one critical question. before I have to place my order. I have been driving my 1994 NAS D-90 since they first arrived in the USA and will be sad to send it into retirement, but if I cannot remove that back seat in my Grenadier and install some kind of a platform drawer system,, I may have to work my D-90 for another 275,000 miles. Sleeping in a soft-top D-90 is impossible, and not only in grizzly country. ED from DC USA

366E77C1-1A14-4FD0-A8C1-DD86ECEAC25E_1_102_o.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The US will not be getting a 2-seat utility version but others have spoken about doing a manual seat delete and either using IA parts of the can get them, or a company like Goose Gear making a kit.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There will be rear storage/sleep systems from at least one very well known US manufacturer as they have already collected all the data for the Grenadier. The company also makes rear seat delete kits for countless other vehicles, thus I would imagine the same is in the pipeline for the Grenadier.

If you want the option of still keeping the back seat, there should also be the ability to move the rear seat forward to the 5-seater utility positioning (about ~3" less legroom IIRC).

ED Mulrenin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The US will not be getting a 2-seat utility version but others have spoken about doing a manual seat delete and either using IA parts of the can get them, or a company like Goose Gear making a kit.
Thank you. I sure hope Goose Gear or someone announces, and soon. The only reason I am getting this vehicle is to have the rear completely empty and flat. It seems odd that the 2-seat commercial will also have the auxiliary battery where it is in the five-seater, but it will be a big deal to do a rear seat delete.in the latter. What am I missing?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. I sure hope Goose Gear or someone announces, and soon. The only reason I am getting this vehicle is to have the rear completely empty and flat. It seems odd that the 2-seat commercial will also have the auxiliary battery where it is in the five-seater, but it will be a big deal to do a rear seat delete.in the latter. What am I missing?
It isn't at all a big deal to do a rear seat delete in the M1 (passenger) vehicles; at least no more than anything else; except for the fact that you need to cover the under seat space appropriately.

I doubt very much that Goose Gear (or any others) would announce anything "soon" as the trucks are still 5+ months out from delivery in North America; nothing really to gain from pushing aside development of products for currently available vehicles in lieu of something that isn't being delivered to customers yet. Realistically, I would expect the North American aftermarket sector to start posting/releasing products just prior to the New Year (for those that have already started development) and sometime around the start of summer next year for those that will start development once the vehicles arrive stateside.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Most/many rear seats are mounted so they are just sitting on the floor of the vehicle at the same height as the rear load area.
This means when they are folded up, or removed you get a flat floor all the way through because the seat base is part of the seat.
In the grenadier it is only the seat cushion that folds up and the seat base, or frame, is fixed to the vehicle.
The top of the seat base is the same height as the rear load floor, less about 25mm or 1 ".
So once the seat is removed the base with a cover mounted on it will provide a flat floor with the load space, with all the electrics untouched.
It makes the rear load floor about 250mm - 300mm or about 10" to a foot higher than an old Landcruiser (at a guess)

1688854370802.png1688854526213.png
1688854762051.png1688854825013.png1688855085416.png1688855172859.png

Back
Top Bottom