The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

From the forests of Michigan, USA

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Got tired of waiting for an invite.
Flew to Edinburgh, Scotland, sat in a Trialmaster, wife likes the seats, came home and ordered one.

Too bad Ineos never invited me to a press event or early order event.
Might have ordered one last June when USA sales launched.
Happy to wait well into 2024 for it now.

I'm not a flipper.
Just a guy that travels the world wingshooting. The Grenadier is a purpose built vehicle that fits my needs for the life I live.
The 7000lb towing is important to me, so is the rear cargo area width.
It's bigger than the Defender, and I don't feel like a mob boss when I sit in it.

Now I wait.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What ya got now until 2024 party starts?

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I guess the unit that the Grenadier will replace is a Chevrolet Silverado pickup for towing, and a Disco ll for dog hauling.
I'm selling off all the Subie stuff , as I just don't use it anymore. Aged out I guess.
Still enjoy driving the Jag, but kinda feeling the heat for a Tesla.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess the unit that the Grenadier will replace is a Chevrolet Silverado pickup for towing, and a Disco ll for dog hauling.
I'm selling off all the Subie stuff , as I just don't use it anymore. Aged out I guess.
Still enjoy driving the Jag, but kinda feeling the heat for a Tesla.
What kind of Jag are you driving?

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Xf, I've had it for quite a while. Comfortable, but not particularly dependable. Seems like there is always something to address with it. I thought the Ford influence was going to change that. I was wrong.

As the Grenadier is an assemblance of pieces from well known providers, I am hoping their desires for repair simplicity and durability will manifest.
I have some concerns about repairability, as I don't live near a big city.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Xf, I've had it for quite a while. Comfortable, but not particularly dependable. Seems like there is always something to address with it. I thought the Ford influence was going to change that. I was wrong.

As the Grenadier is an assemblance of pieces from well known providers, I am hoping their desires for repair simplicity and durability will manifest.
I have some concerns about repairability, as I don't live near a big city.
It is well known that old Jags need to be tinkered with, but I wouldn't have thought that new ones would be so unreliable.

I'm not sure about the Grenadier yet. It's a question of what you can really repair yourself. You'll also need diagnostic equipment, as with all modern cars.
Get an old F150 or 350 and you can concentrate on driving.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It is well known that old Jags need to be tinkered with, but I wouldn't have thought that new ones would be so unreliable.

I'm not sure about the Grenadier yet. It's a question of what you can really repair yourself. You'll also need diagnostic equipment, as with all modern cars.
I work in the automotive industry in automation.
I have way too many cars as it is.
I have complete access to all diagnostic equipment necessary to operate a repair facility.

So a Grenadier isn't going back to Chicago because a Chinese sensor is misbehaving.

The Grenadier was touted as open source and "right to repair" supportive because of their plans for fleet use in developing nations.
I expect that to continue to be true.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I work in the automotive industry in automation.
I have way too many cars as it is.
I have complete access to all diagnostic equipment necessary to operate a repair facility.

So a Grenadier isn't going back to Chicago because a Chinese sensor is misbehaving.

The Grenadier was touted as open source and "right to repair" supportive because of their plans for fleet use in developing nations.
I expect that to continue to be true.
I hope and expect the same. Otherwise I'll just have to take my old Land/Range Rovers. But you always have to do something about it.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm new to this site.
My thoughts have previously been debated here.
I spend a few minutes every day going through the threads so as not to be redundant.
My gut feeling is the Grenadier is not going to be affordable enough to be successful in the USA.
You can explain away design quirks, or styling queues, or engineering choices. But as the cost skyrockets, you can't explain that away.
It is 20+ year old technology and already fully developed.

I'm starting to look for threads concerning pulling a trailer on grades. Do you know of any?
I haven't seen any trailering specific things in the tech discussions.
Most of my trailering vehicles have bigger radiators, trans coolers, different shifting profiles, and provisions for brake controllers.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
I had to google wingshooting. It's not exactly a thing on my island!

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I had to google wingshooting. It's not exactly a thing on my island!
That's funny.
My point, submitted into an environment that isn't unbiased, is that I'm just a guy that liked the story, and then stepped up.
I have about 10 more years left for chasing birds, and the Grenadier should do a good job.
But I am having cost concerns about it.
I'm worried the vehicle will eclipse $100k when they finally contact me. That doesn't represent value to me.

The Jeep Commander was substantially similar, and failed miserably due to fuel economy and perceived value issues.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score

I used to drive F100 & F150 and I agree, you need to concentrate on driving, particularly if the road is anything but smooth bitumen.

Back
Top Bottom