The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Michigan

Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am Myron and I come from Michigan. I have been following the project since 2017, and paid for my reservation almost a year ago.

I'll be at Overland Expo East and hope to see the Grenadier up close. A little disappointed that I never got an email from INEOS inviting me to this though, and now that I've heard about it, the event is full. :-/

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am Myron and I come from Michigan. I have been following the project since 2017, and paid for my reservation almost a year ago.

I'll be at Overland Expo East and hope to see the Grenadier up close. A little disappointed that I never got an email from INEOS inviting me to this though, and now that I've heard about it, the event is full. :-/
Hello Myron.
Welcome here with us. It's a pity you didn't receive an invitation. Always keep in touch with Ineos and express your interest.

By the way, I don't know anything about Michigan, just the story I heard about 30-40 years ago from Lefty Frizzell about Saginaw. And now the memory came back. Tonight I'll listen to it again in my workshop and I'm sure I'll get goosebumps.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello Myron.
Welcome here with us. It's a pity you didn't receive an invitation. Always keep in touch with Ineos and express your interest.

By the way, I don't know anything about Michigan, just the story I heard about 30-40 years ago from Lefty Frizzell about Saginaw. And now the memory came back. Tonight I'll listen to it again in my workshop and I'm sure I'll get goosebumps.
Hey Myron, I’m a reservation holder from Maryland and will be there at Overland East too (Fri and Sat). I did get the email invite but it filled up wicked fast. I checked with INEOS about a waiting list but they are not running one. That said, INEOS said we’ll have the opportunity to check out their vehicle on display.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Caladan!

Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I was there and the reception list turned out to be a non-issue. I mentioned to a guy in an INEOS shirt that I was a reservation holder and hadn't gotten the invitation and he said it was no big deal and added my name right then. I got the feeling it was a bit of a communication snafu.

Then as it turned out the event was Saturday night, not Friday, so I couldn't attend anyway. Still had fun at the show and really enjoyed seeing the Grenadier!

Myron

Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Caladan!

Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I was there and the reception list turned out to be a non-issue. I mentioned to a guy in an INEOS shirt that I was a reservation holder and hadn't gotten the invitation and he said it was no big deal and added my name right then. I got the feeling it was a bit of a communication snafu.

Then as it turned out the event was Saturday night, not Friday, so I couldn't attend anyway. Still had fun at the show and really enjoyed seeing the Grenadier!

Myron
Hey thanks. No big deal. I would have been in the same boat too - wasn’t around that Saturday night.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Myron. don't feel bad. You are not alone.
I made my deposit on day 1, within 5 minutes of receiving the email.
Not a peep since.
I flew to Edinburgh Scotland just to sit in in one.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I made my deposit on day 1, within 5 minutes of receiving the email.
Not a peep since.
Not trying to be rude here, but you made your reservation in Sept '21, and then never bothered to keep up with the updates over the following 2 years?

To get communication you had to opt in (silly UK rules), but all the info on the updates and PTO2 tour were posted on their website

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score

Hi Myron, Get there early and you will likely get an opportunity to take one for a spin or worst case ride along. DaBull

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude here, but you made your reservation in Sept '21, and then never bothered to keep up with the updates over the following 2 years?

To get communication you had to opt in (silly UK rules), but all the info on the updates and PTO2 tour were posted on their website
Anand, I think you were trying to be rude. That doesn't have any effect on my purchase decision though.
I am a compulsive email archivist. It's part of my job. So I have every bit of correspondence with them since I first contacted them via Guns on Pegs years ago. Heck, I kept all my correspondence with the automobile press asking who to contact for a sit in one.
I'm opted in for push and pull materials.
I'm not an influencer. Just a customer.
Somebody passes out invites to people, The metric for that has been a curiosity to me.
I would have thought that for depositors, every time a Grenadier was in North America they would have been notified to come out for a look see. Keep the early adopters queued up while they wait.
It's all good.
I went to the UK, I rode in one, and I placed my order.

Back
Top Bottom