The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodbye '20 Defender 110 HSE; Hello IG TRIALMASTER...

DaftClunk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm 10 days into falling in love w/ my Trialmaster after breaking up w/ my '20 Defender 110 HSE.

Defender Notes:
-The Defender is a luxury SUV w/ a 4x4 package. Loved everyday I had her...

EXCEPT! The early days in the shop when LR was still working through all the early model kinks, and the 2 days below.
- got stuck in the Pismo Beach Sand Dunes and pulled out by my buddies Wrangler (he still gives me ish...)
- got stuck in 12" of snow in a Utah parking lot and pulled out by an F150 (they still give me ish and bought me a T-shirt that reads "Don't follow me; I get stuck...")
- The airbag suspension was smooth and great for everyday driving but she always felt a little delicate off-road and I never wanted to push her too far trying to avoid 'out of warranty' repairs.
- Tech, phone sync, sat radio, gps issues constantly... We'd get in for a road trip and the phone wouldn't sync or sat radio would be out... Yes, I reset, Yes, I resynced, Yes, on/off, still nothing for 4+ hours of driving...

Grenadier Early Notes:
-Grenadier Trialmaster is a true 4x4 truck and by far, built much sturdier than the Defender.
-Turbo inline-6, 3.0L BMW engine w/ 8 speed transmission is quick, great torque; I miss nothing...
-She's a sturdy gal... Drives like a truck, not a luxury SUV.
-Locking Differential & Clearance will hopefully keep my buddies from buying me another t-shirt.
-Interior looks like a cockpit and ready for accessory take-off. 120V outlets are a nice upgrade.
-Road noise low; speakers will be upgraded. (Trialmaster comes with an Aux Battery and unable to upgrade factory speakers due to this feature? that's what they told me...)
-No Trailer Hitch- they gotta fix this. I'm adding the tow plate but can put my bikes on the Leitner Roof Rack once installed.
-Tech- Seamless as it should be.
-My lady (once I added the visor mirror... :p) and kids LOVE IT!

Bottom-line:
-If you want a luxury SUV; there are plenty out there.
-If you want an off-road truck that you're not afraid to put to the test; get a Grenadier!

Attachments

• Grenadier.jpg
    Grenadier.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • Defender.jpg
    Defender.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Great review. I would service your Trialmaster free for life if I was Ineos...your brutal honesty is 5-star and unfortunately, your t-shirt is up there too :love:

Local time
Reaction score
I know your pain my friend... I too had a 20 Defender.... Typical electronic gremlins dealer could not fix/reset... the worst is when the A/C just turned Off in the middle of Summer with clients in the car..... Not so great in Central FL. Ended up trading in on a 21 Diesel Yukon. Nice vehicle, powerful, but still intrigued by the INEOS. Test drove one the other day and looking into what my GMC is worth. Might have to take the plunge. :)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New t-shirt..."Follow me, ND recovery Vehicle":ROFLMAO:
I'm 10 days into falling in love w/ my Trialmaster after breaking up w/ my '20 Defender 110 HSE.

Defender Notes:
-The Defender is a luxury SUV w/ a 4x4 package. Loved everyday I had her...

EXCEPT! The early days in the shop when LR was still working through all the early model kinks, and the 2 days below.
- got stuck in the Pismo Beach Sand Dunes and pulled out by my buddies Wrangler (he still gives me ish...)
- got stuck in 12" of snow in a Utah parking lot and pulled out by an F150 (they still give me ish and bought me a T-shirt that reads "Don't follow me; I get stuck...)
- The airbag suspension was smooth and great for everyday driving but she always felt a little delicate off-road and I never wanted to push her too far trying to avoid 'out of warranty' repairs.
- Tech, phone sync, sat radio, gps issues constantly... We'd get in for a road trip and the phone wouldn't sync or sat radio would be out... Yes, I reset, Yes, I resynced, Yes, on/off, still nothing for 4+ hours of driving...

Grenadier Early Notes:
-Grenadier Trialmaster is a true 4x4 truck and by far, built much sturdier than the Defender.
-Turbo inline-6, 3.0L BMW engine w/ 8 speed transmission is quick, great torque; I miss nothing...
-She's a sturdy gal... Drives like a truck, not a luxury SUV.
-Locking Differential & Clearance will hopefully keep my buddies from buying me another t-shirt.
-Interior looks like a cockpit and ready for accessory take-off. 120V outlets are a nice upgrade.
-Road noise low; speakers will be upgraded. (Trialmaster comes with an Aux Battery and unable to upgrade factory speakers due to this feature? that's what they told me...)
-No Trailer Hitch- they gotta fix this. I'm adding the tow plate but can put my bikes on the Leitner Roof Rack once installed.
-Tech- Seamless as it should be.
-My lady (once I added the visor mirror... :p) and kids LOVE IT!

Bottom-line:
-If you want a luxury SUV; there are plenty out there.
-If you want an off-road truck that you're not afraid to put to the test; get a Grenadier!

DaftClunk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
I know your pain my friend... I too had a 20 Defender.... Typical electronic gremlins dealer could not fix/reset... the worst is when the A/C just turned Off in the middle of Summer with clients in the car..... Not so great in Central FL. Ended up trading in

Came from an identical 20’ HSE, and in to the Gren. Only difference is it’s MY WIFE’s daily driver 😢; I told her today, I may have to get my own 😂
That's a bold move Cotton... Let's hope she doesn't miss those cooled seats in an Arizona August... You may have just scored yourself a new Grenny.

Back
Top Bottom