The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel gauge

Woody89

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Is this normal when it’s on 1/2 a tank it’s goes orange then when it’s on 1/4 it goes red with no miles remaining.

Cheers James

Attachments

• IMG_6985.jpeg
    IMG_6985.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 8

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Is this normal when it’s on 1/2 a tank it’s goes orange then when it’s on 1/4 it goes red with no miles remaining.

Cheers James
You need to get used to the reading. It drops like a stone once you go below half way. I’m used to it now and gauge that 300 miles is getting to the point to cons filler it up.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Not normal, but same with mine. Mine stays in the upper half for long time. Then I had half tank going up the mountain pass, then going down I lost 5-10km range every km. Until it did not display any range at all and was red. A bit frightening, but I made it to the next petrol station (with probably still > 6-8 litre in the tank. The tank gauge is really not working on mine. But I have a early software version, hope to get this fixed as well with the update promised for late September.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
I tried out yesterday. It went orange after 600 km (11,8 l/km) so it had burned roughly calculated 71 litres of diesel = 19 litres left. It went red at 700 km and said „REFUEL NOW“ at 60 km remaining to go. After 10 km the remaining km vanished.
I refuelled at 715 km and put in 84 litres of diesel by filling the tank really full to the end!
So for my car I know that I have 200 km to with a orange light and 100 km with a red light.
After all the stories about warnings when there’s still 30 or more litres in, that is ok for me. Seems that there’s a variety in the sensor settings here as well.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
Computers are just trouble trouble trouble! Too clever for their own good IMO.
It's a shame these were superceded.

FD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom