The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel gauge

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had the software update. The gauge/range remaining seemed about right when I brimmed the tank after the update. Good news I think as it didn’t seem right before the update.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So Mine has 1946 update. Brimmed the tank up then ran it until displayed 69 miles till empty and mpg on the tank full was 24.9mpg.
Filled to brim again and it took 75 litres of diesel or 16.5 gallons and had covered 414 miles on the tank full at 25mpg.
Conclusion: Rocky is a thirsty sod but his computer is now bang on! :ROFLMAO: :cool: 🖖

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
So Mine has 1946 update. Brimmed the tank up then ran it until displayed 69 miles till empty and mpg on the tank full was 24.9mpg.
Filled to brim again and it took 75 litres of diesel or 16.5 gallons and had covered 414 miles on the tank full at 25mpg.
Conclusion: Rocky is a thirsty sod but his computer is now bang on! :ROFLMAO: :cool: 🖖
Diesel? British gallons?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
I know that in modern engines running out of fuel is bad for the pump, especially diesels, and the misfires can also damage the engine. But leaving 20 litres in the tank is excessive. 5-10 would be a better buffer..
Many others car manufacturers are now adopting a similar warning, for the reason you suggest. We are living in times of aggressive lawyers and manufacturers need to be fool proof...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier is the man who knows exactly knows how big the fuel tank is ;) last time was something like ~91 liter ? ;) crazy!

I think @Jean Mercier is trying to teach his Grenadier to drink less fuel, he keeps it short of fuel as some sort of aggressive training for it. He has the only IG that can run for 100 miles on vapours.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Today , 63km range indicated ; filled with 76.5L

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today… have 1946, towing @ 19L/100k, red low fuel indicating 50klm remaining. Drove another 8 klm and refuelled 85.5 litres.

Was on cruise control @ 100klm/h when red low fuel came up and then car lost power just as we started a hill climb. At first thought I’d run out of fuel or gone into slow mode of some sort due to low fuel but no, the cruise control had switched itself off. Perhaps this is in the manual and happens with the red low fuel warning, will check, anyone else experienced this?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today… have 1946, towing @ 19L/100k, red low fuel indicating 50klm remaining. Drove another 8 klm and refuelled 85.5 litres.

Was on cruise control @ 100klm/h when red low fuel came up and then car lost power just as we started a hill climb. At first thought I’d run out of fuel or gone into slow mode of some sort due to low fuel but no, the cruise control had switched itself off. Perhaps this is in the manual and happens with the red low fuel warning, will check, anyone else experienced this?

Another thing to check: I mentioned back in this cruise control thread that an out-of-adjustment park brake will trip the cruise control because the microswitch that sets the park brake advisory light is also part of the cruise control circuit. Lift the handle a small amount while the cruise control is active and the cruise control will drop out. The handle has minimal or no return spring tension so it flops around once the cable tension drops. A slightly :poop: setup.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I find the gauge to be pretty accurate but the predicted range is all over the place even with software updated to 1946. I don't understand why the range with the tank brimmed always shows as <390 and then doesn't move for around 100/150 miles, rather than just predicting range of around 500 when full, like every other car does.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find the gauge to be pretty accurate but the predicted range is all over the place even with software updated to 1946. I don't understand why the range with the tank brimmed always shows as <390 and then doesn't move for around 100/150 miles, rather than just predicting range of around 500 when full, like every other car does.
Mine is opposite, the fuel gauge basically freezes at half and doesn’t move after that, but the remaining range is basically spot on.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today , 63km range indicated ; filled with 76.5L
Mine is similar. Red Light 80km range left when I stated the vehicle the other day... but the night before when I parked it up there was 160km range ehhh...

However it took a near 75L to gurgle at the inlet... so in reality the 180km reading the night before was more accurate.

I just fill up anytime the gauge his the half way mark and forget both reading of range and gauge (neither are reliable at present).

Reactions: IGL

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I e had my cruise control turn off a few times due to corrugated or rough roads

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
An inaccurate fuel gauge is a pretty big deal breaker for me. Is anyone seeing issues after the update? Is anyone not seeing any issues at all?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
An inaccurate fuel gauge is a pretty big deal breaker for me. Is anyone seeing issues after the update? Is anyone not seeing any issues at all?
My fuel gauge is accurate and the range is reasonably accurate. The only annoying thing is the early warning about low fuel (I get it with 70kms to go), its loud as a loud thing and freaks me out.

Back
Top Bottom