The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front seat under-storage?

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just doing a bit of research into getting a more or less decent set of speaker/subwoofers in the Gren, to pass the time waiting for my car to arrive.

Does anyone by any chance have measurements of then driver/passenger under seat storage area?

TIA

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just doing a bit of research into getting a more or less decent set of speaker/subwoofers in the Gren, to pass the time waiting for my car to arrive.

Does anyone by any chance have measurements of then driver/passenger under seat storage area?

TIA
I'm with you - I anticipate making some audio changes too, but I'll give the stock system a try. There's been chat elsewhere about the infotainment system, but I don't recall any specs listed - I wonder what the output is and how/where the speakers are wired in since there's no visible head unit.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with you - I anticipate making some audio changes too, but I'll give the stock system a try. There's been chat elsewhere about the infotainment system, but I don't recall any specs listed - I wonder what the output is and how/where the speakers are wired in since there's no visible head unit.
Factory speakers are by Hetz, but they're the bog standard coaxials with 2 in the front doors (high/mid/bass) and 2 in the rear doors (mid range). Amp is built-in to the head unit 4 x 45w.

Not gonna do it for me unfortunately, I've already opened the can of worms.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had too many years in soft-top and loud vehicles. The benefit of Tinnitis is that the need of a good quality sound system is reduced.
On the contrary! A good sound system would mask it completely.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
Simple task for a bunch of old men around 52 years: forget about the tweeters. We don't hear the high frequencies anymore. And the tweeters are tricky to mount as they should point the right direction.

The only thing you need is a BIG SUBWOOFER. And the nice thing is that it plays no roll where you mount it. Behind the front seats is a lot of space for it.

Or pack it on the roof rack.

Cinema_04.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm quite happy to listen to the ambient noise of engine, windrush, or sport or podcast and also music. It's probably 50/50 use of the speakers for me now. Guess depends on the routes/journey/scenery/familiar or need to navigate.

my wife thinks I'm an old fart. She's not often wrong.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We talk to each other also but like audio books when traveling, when in Southern Africa we like to listen to The no 1 lady’s detective agency, we love the whole series and others by Alexander Mc.Call Smith. We do listen to music also but not bothered about fancy speakers.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to have someone do the trial and error and come up with a great aftermarket audio setup. Seems like all modern systems have the head unit tightly integrated into the “info” part of infotainment. So you lose important and useful function by replacing the OEM system. Porsche Classic Radio. Best thing ever.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I rarely wish for really good speakers, most of the time i can do without. But every now and then I would like to really let out the hammer and really turn up.

For example, for something like this. Take your time. And really turn it up.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
In a couple of my 60s cars I haven't bothered trying to fit a period correct system, nor want to cut holes in doorcards.
I just use a decent bluetooth speaker unit and my phone. Works perfectly well. I don't cruise neighbourhoods with my windows down 😉

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
In a couple of my 60s cars I haven't bothered trying to fit a period correct system, nor want to cut holes in doorcards.
I just use a decent bluetooth speaker unit and my phone. Works perfectly well. I don't cruise neighbourhoods with my windows down 😉
Yes - DON'T cut the doorcards.

The great sounds you can get from the smallest portable speakers

Back
Top Bottom