The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Forum adverts?

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
I'll donate back my "rig of the day" award!

LOL, JK!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes thanks for sorting... although I'm pretty sure the hive mind almost manifested an income for you there.
Yeah I was surprised how quickly people were prepared to reach into their pockets.

Surprising how value is perceived once a place is familiar. I’ll guarantee that if this forum had a joining fee at the very beginning there would be about 10 members here and that’s it.

Would also be curious how many new members we would get if a fee was introduced?

Interesting marketing lesson really.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Well good morning, after dealing with the 12 weeks old puppy's way to loose bowel movements I see that there's been a coup attempt by google, not cool.
How does and how can that happen? F*ck them!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Why didn't I have any ads?

Do you guys use cell phones? Then I'm not surprised.

Install blokada (android, I din't know about apple things) and the ads are history. But DO NOT INSTALL it from Google play, but from the blokada website. The Google play version can only do what Google allows. The apk from the Blokada website is uncompromising and just stops sniffers and ads.

Enable the blokada VPN and configure it to start automatically when you start your smartphone, and you're fine.

And if you use a PC (Windows, Linux), use Firefox and install the plugin "ublock origin".

I would accept ads if they weren't so rude and intrusive. The moment an ad flashes or begs for attention, I immediately close the corresponding window. It is not us who block the ads, but the impertinence of the ads themselves that make us (me) stop them.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
BTW: with blokada or ublock origin I can even watch youtube videos in peace. I can not stand "buy ladies sanitary napkins" or "buy Strongissimo tonic for men" advertising in the middle of an off road video.

FYI: On android phones or tablets, the ad's are blocked on the mobile browser version of youtube only, not on the desktop version - and I guess neither on the "youtube"-app.

Back
Top Bottom