The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Forum adverts?

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
I would also be happy to pay a small subscription, the adverts are annoying me. Another forum I am on don't allow access to its sale and wanted section without paying the subscription, or access to its (significant) technical information etc.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
Indeed. I do not like ads like so.

The model I accept, subscription or Sponsored Option w.o ad so members pay some fee.
or if unwilling accept ads instead.
At least I d like to get a warning ahead ..
I am aware operating of a forum has a cost. I ve got the treasurer’s role in our gun club.. There is no free service.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think we are all agreed that a small subscription service would be preferred over the adverts and that we are all just a little annoyed that the adverts have appeared over night. If we had been given the choice, I'm confident that 99% of us would have said, "sign me up". (y)

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
Android, iOS, Windows browsers, and MacOS browsers commonly support AdBlocking apps, browser extensions, and software. I’ve been using an adblocking app on my iPhone for many years successfully. I didn’t even notice that ads had been whacked on this site as the Adblock I’m running is working.

As per others comments, I’d also be willing to pay a fee to support this site and community. Until then though my Adblock remains active.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I saw the ads this morning too. I spoke with Stu yesterday and he didn’t mention anything in conversation, not that he needs to regardless. What I do know is that he has sunk a hefty chunk of his own coin to make this site and keep it running - it’s certainly not free. I too would gladly pay to keep the forum for members free, but include adverts for lurkers.

It is quite early in California, so I’m sure he’ll be on later. Although his pup, Mr. Chips (12 weeks), might have him up already!

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Android, iOS, Windows browsers, and MacOS browsers commonly support AdBlocking apps, browser extensions, and software. I’ve been using an adblocking app on my iPhone for many years successfully. I didn’t even notice that ads had been whacked on this site as the Adblock I’m running is working.

As per others comments, I’d also be willing to pay a fee to support this site and community. Until then though my Adblock remains active.

I use 1Blocker on my phone and laptop. I don't see any ads.

That said - more than willing to pay a subscription fee to help Stu run the site.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I do know is that he has sunk a hefty chunk of his own coin to make this site and keep it running - it’s certainly not free. I too would gladly pay to keep the forum for members free, but include adverts for lurkers.
This forum is indeed very valuable, and if @Stu_Barnes did invest his own money in it (besides time) I would also agree to pay a fee! Adverts or not!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I‘d prefer a donation program, I don‘t like subscriptions…
Maybe @Stu_Barnes can place a paypal link to his account and however likes can donate an amount…
I did exactly this for another forum until.. yes this is also my preferred way to honour the effort of @Stu_Barnes ..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
I think we are all agreed that a small subscription service would be preferred over the adverts and that we are all just a little annoyed that the adverts have appeared over night. If we had been given the choice, I'm confident that 99% of us would have said, "sign me up". (y)
I am not getting any adverts
I assume they are being blocked by my security software, adblocker and pop-up blockers.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Either way… Maybe a misconfig. But anyway @Stu_Barnes hosts us here very well. I was mod in a wide spread forum and I surely know about all the cost.
so donating wouldn‘t beva problem for me.

@Stu_Barnes Just PN me, please, and I‘d like to make my donation…

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
lets crowd fund and buy him a belstaff edition.

caveat that he has to share it with Christian and Vera so we get some tip top maintenance vids.

Not sure whether he's willing to relocate to Ze Farterland though 🤔

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure whether he's willing to relocate to Ze Farterland though 🤔
Farter - Land .. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ROTFL in tears.. yeah ...last night I was definitely in a fart-erland..- we had a lot of grilled garlic, cheese other stuff .. whow could perhaps human exhaust could be reused to feed an IG. .. Was invited in a party... Caipirinha, lots of southern stuf but also this.. - whoa, .. soundy and smelly..

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My ads have disappeared and there was a comment by @Stu_Barnes about Google trying to “hack” the forum, so I think he’s now all on top of it.
I do stand by my original suggestion, maybe an annual subscription something like £12 a year? Enough that with 500 members (guessing here) that would be £6,000 a year, enough for running costs I believe?
I haven’t moderated a forum so I don’t know the costs.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My ads have disappeared and there was a comment by @Stu_Barnes about Google trying to “hack” the forum, so I think he’s now all on top of it.
I do stand by my original suggestion, maybe an annual subscription something like £12 a year? Enough that with 500 members (guessing here) that would be £6,000 a year, enough for running costs I believe?
I haven’t moderated a forum so I don’t know the costs.
I agree my ads have disappeared. I don't have any issue with the subscription idea. £12 is a small amount to pay and I'm sure 500 of the 1700 or so members would gladly contribute. Time for us to do our bit and support Stu.

Back
Top Bottom