The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Floor carpet - no longer available.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
This came a few days ago along with my contract. Still mentions carpet Matt’s. I know they pulled fitted carpets from the SW last year.

Attachments

• D404B83B-1E49-4EE9-BA07-8F02CF0E89F0.png
    D404B83B-1E49-4EE9-BA07-8F02CF0E89F0.png
    463.2 KB · Views: 80

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Question, while this thread is titled ‘Floor carpet - no longer available’, has anyone recently (last few months) been communicated this by IA?

The reason I ask is that at the time of this thread originating we’d frequently encountered IA support staff providing conflicting and sometimes false answers. Just checking this is actually the case.
It is available as an option in Australia
1677516430594.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received contract for signing and the only option which has an asterisk alongside it was the carpet floor mats. The meaning behind the asterisk is not explained anywhere in the contract so not sure if they have them or not...
They are just mats, not carpet floor.
The asterix means they are fitted by the dealer at delivery

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My bad then, I only configured on a non-Belstaff. 👍

It was available on all models (perhaps mistakenly) on both the first and second price list. The third price list limits it to just the two Belstaff models.
I just configured it on a basic Station wagon

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are just mats, not carpet floor.
The asterix means they are fitted by the dealer at delivery
This is what the mats look like in a customer standard delivery. Sorry but they’re still in the polythene bag.

Attachments

• 7170653D-7931-46A9-B016-2F9DFC7AD79E.jpeg
    7170653D-7931-46A9-B016-2F9DFC7AD79E.jpeg
    975.6 KB · Views: 74

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually I think you’ll find that’s an offence in some states. It occasionally pops up in those “you won’t believe what someone got fined for” stories.
I don’t think any state has a specific prohibition against wearing thongs or any other footwear. However they do have a kind of catchall about having proper control of the vehicle and they can stick just about anything in there from eating a hamburger to inappropriate footwear, but if ot went to court they would have to show why it compromised control.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These photos off FB show a PTO2 in Melbourne yesterday.

There's signs of pilling* of the carpet around the front outer leg support of the seat. Perhaps this is the quality issue previously referred to?

* I had to look up a definition/description ~ "Pilling is usually found on a loop pile carpet and is caused by the tearing or breaking of the top fibres of the loop, by abrasive action on the surface of the carpet, resulting in a "fuzzy" appearance. This is usually more apparent in the main areas of usage, e.g. doorways, turns, stairs and in front of a settee."

Screenshot_20230305_103028.jpgScreenshot_20230305_102828.jpg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

There's signs of pilling* of the carpet around the front outer leg support of the seat. Perhaps this is the quality issue previously referred to?

* I had to look up a definition/description ~ "Pilling is usually found on a loop pile carpet and is caused by the tearing or breaking of the top fibres of the loop, by abrasive action on the surface of the carpet, resulting in a "fuzzy" appearance. This is usually more apparent in the main areas of usage, e.g. doorways, turns, stairs and in front of a settee."

View attachment 7805264View attachment 7805263
Just above the green circle, there are two potential pop-outs in the seat base : switch location for Recaro electrical version?
Also, in the second photo there appear to be two accessible earth points ...could be useful if they're still there in the production version.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that on the UK website, if ordering the Belstaff edition, fully fitted carpet is still an option. Seems to be just removed on the Station Wagon version.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that on the UK website, if ordering the Belstaff edition, fully fitted carpet is still an option. Seems to be just removed on the Station Wagon version.
That's correct. My dealer logged into the Ineos system last week and confirmed that my Fieldmaster was still showing carpet flooring. It is still on the UK website as a £230 option. Commercial version do not have this option.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7805264View attachment 7805263
Having carpet in this vehicle just seems wrong to me

Back
Top Bottom