The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Floor carpet - no longer available.

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
I reckon rubber flooring with removable carpet mats is the perfect outcome. Nice on the feet and you can take them out and hose them off when you get home!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I reckon rubber flooring with removable carpet mats is the perfect outcome. Nice on the feet and you can take them out and hose them off when you get home!
Offcuts of commercial carpet can be bought very cheaply. Cut to size, get them overlocked for around $12 per m . Should work nicely!!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Offcuts of commercial carpet can be bought very cheaply. Cut to size, get them overlocked for around $12 per m . Should work nicely!!
There are a few workplace health & safety guidelines around that caution about unsecured mats on vehicles with vinyl flooring as there have been accidents where the mat has slid around and become wedged under the accelerator or brake pedal. On carpet flooring, mats usually just have little spikes to hold them in place, but on rubber or vinyl flooring you need to have positive clips to hold them in place. Consequently all recent vehicles have these attachment points in and any OEM mats will just clip in place. But dodgy aftermarket or homebuilt mats rarely do. I'm not sure if this has made its way into the Australian Standards or State vehicle safety standards though, but it's in many WH&S manuals.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe - let's hope so - because you still can't rest your leg on the floor between the footrest & the brake pedal because the gap is not wide enough.

So - actually the RHD footrest saga remains an "issue" albeit for most people a minor issue.
I reckon they either had to make the gap between the brake pedal and footrest large enough so a foot could rest there without getting caught, or small enough that you couldn't get your foot in there at all. Perhaps the final gap between the bodywork and pedal was considered too risky so they opted to close it up as much as possible with the floor lining.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
There are a few workplace health & safety guidelines around that caution about unsecured mats on vehicles with vinyl flooring as there have been accidents where the mat has slid around and become wedged under the accelerator or brake pedal. On carpet flooring, mats usually just have little spikes to hold them in place, but on rubber or vinyl flooring you need to have positive clips to hold them in place. Consequently all recent vehicles have these attachment points in and any OEM mats will just clip in place. But dodgy aftermarket or homebuilt mats rarely do. I'm not sure if this has made its way into the Australian Standards or State vehicle safety standards though, but it's in many WH&S manuals.
Not sure what's available in Australia, but here in the USA, Weathertech rubber mats are custom fit, have raised edges to keep the dirt in the floormat, and have the little holes to pop onto the factory floormat studs that affix them in place. I have them in my Kia. I'll probably have them in every vehicle I own from now on.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Dodgy Bros" at your service Sir! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Large "bulldog" clips worked just fine ... (y)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon they either had to make the gap between the brake pedal and footrest large enough so a foot could rest there without getting caught, or small enough that you couldn't get your foot in there at all. Perhaps the final gap between the bodywork and pedal was considered too risky so they opted to close it up as much as possible with the floor lining.
This sounds the most likely reason to me.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yet you can drive in thongs!
(Americans horribly confused by this imagery!)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All RHD drivers of a grenadier must have their left foot amputated just below the knee ~ there you go problem sorted.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yet you can drive in thongs!
(Americans horribly confused by this imagery!)
Actually I think you’ll find that’s an offence in some states. It occasionally pops up in those “you won’t believe what someone got fined for” stories.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question, while this thread is titled ‘Floor carpet - no longer available’, has anyone recently (last few months) been communicated this by IA?

The reason I ask is that at the time of this thread originating we’d frequently encountered IA support staff providing conflicting and sometimes false answers. Just checking this is actually the case.

Local time
Reaction score
Just received contract for signing and the only option which has an asterisk alongside it was the carpet floor mats. The meaning behind the asterisk is not explained anywhere in the contract so not sure if they have them or not...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Question, while this thread is titled ‘Floor carpet - no longer available’, has anyone recently (last few months) been communicated this by IA?
It's missing from the UK configurator.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The reason I ask is that at the time of this thread originating we’d frequently encountered IA support staff providing conflicting and sometimes false answers. Just checking this is actually the case.
Good question, I wasn't going to ask. Last time I spoke to my dealer, before Christmas, he said don't worry Ineos will have bought a carpet company by the time yours is built. So I am just hoping.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's missing from the UK configurator.
I've just checked now, it is still there a £230 extra on the Belstaff Fieldmaster. I only thought it was available on that model. But is still there now on UK site (Scotland version)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My bad then, I only configured on a non-Belstaff. 👍

It was available on all models (perhaps mistakenly) on both the first and second price list. The third price list limits it to just the two Belstaff models.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the asterisk just denoted agent supply/fit parts.
Hmm, not looking good. In my order the side runners have an * and identified in the blurb as dealer fit. the carpet and Tow ball don't have a *. However as they are two completely separate documents order/contract I won't transpose the interpretation of a symbol one to the the other. The only way we will find out is when someone receives his/her Fieldmaster and has ordered carpets.

Back
Top Bottom