The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Intl. Trip Summary

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Made my first long trip and international journey with my Grenadier. Drove ~415 miles from the Boston area to Quebec City. Vehicle rode nice the entire way up and back.

Canadian border guard eyed the vehicle as I pulled up. Looked me over asked teh standard questions, then said “How do you like it?”. I laughed and said “i Love it”. He said “I keep getting emails about it”. Told him that he should check them out especially if he wants to do some off-roading/overlanding.

Made it to my hotel just as other coworkers were outside getting ready to go to our social event. Everyone was was staring and wanted to know what the hell I was driving. Everyone was really impressed with it (especially the Eldoret Blue). My boss gave it a thumbs up (which is good because she approves my gas expenses 😅). I will say that $100 Canadian will not fill the tank 😂.

ON the way way home the US BP agent and I had a brief conversation about the vehicle. He was impressed with it and he is going to check them out. Had some high winds and rain on the drive thru VT/NH/MA mid evening and the truck had no issues. The only thing that came up was I filled up in VT with 91 Octane and no added ethanol (had no choice). Didn’t overfill or anything and got the Check Engine light when I started it up. It didn’t reset after I started it up this morning or even after a couple of start and stops. Will have to have it checked whern I get back from my current trip. Maybe it will be good after sitting for a few days.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
I had the same check engine light pop up after filling with gas. You should be able to go to any auto supply store (PepBoys, Autozone) and have them read the code. If it’s P0461 code then it’s the fuel sensor, once they clear the code it stays off.

Back
Top Bottom