The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Delivery?????

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
I hear ya, and this is what I did (phoned up with my spec changes before being prompted. I had been hanging onto them).

The dealer - Magic Enterprises in Perth WA - was able to do this over the phone and the updated spec was immediately visible to me via my order on the website - preview image and downloadable pdf summary. Cannot complain.

Ineos previously advised an Aug/Sep delivery, but I asked about the actual build date - and was surprised to know it's now saying April, which is earlier than expected (fine by me). I wonder if Aus cars are being prioritised... or maybe (inevitable) attrition converting orders to contracts.
Hi Sam,
this is excellent info. Thanks.
I also spoke to the agent/dealer accouple of weeks ago. He sent me a new pdf doc. which he said had already been updated on the "dealer portal" which he can see, but my account on the "Australian"website still shows the original contract albeit with the Nov. price rise applied! :oops: Not reassuring!

Was wondering if anyone else has this experience so far?

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi Sam,
I also spoke to the agent/dealer accouple of weeks ago. He sent me a new pdf doc. which he said had already been updated on the "dealer portal" which he can see, but my account on the "Australian"website still shows the original contract albeit with the Nov. price rise applied! :oops: Not reassuring!

Was wondering if anyone else has this experience so far?
Hey Denis. Yeah that's disconcerting though the website/user experience has been glitchy since forever - presumably because it must lag behind Ineos' process changes/ discoveries made along the way - so I wouldn't be too concerned.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Thankyou DCPU. But why aren’t people with orders getting contacted by Ineos or their agents directly? Not everyone uses the forum or Facebook. I certainly know people who have ordered a Grenadier who are not on any social media platforms.
Well what I posted this time, and actually last time too, were direct cut & paste/screenshot from an agent's email. So that is happening in some cases.

Both seemed to co-incide, almost to the hour, with forum reminders from @Halliwell Jones Chester; so one might well jump to the conclusion that Ineos central are pushing these messages out to the agents to have that direct contact with their pool of owners.

It may sound like a simple thing to do from the centre but frankly I think they seem to be struggling with communications and have called on the agents to split the workload and perhaps use more accurate or easier to manipulate customer databases.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
that's a bit harsh...!! one of the major impediments to the US Market was the endless legal action taken by Jag/Land Rover claiming all sorts of (imaginary) Intellectual Property infringements... It set the US release back at least 12 months. It has been a calculated strategy in various markets by JLR to disrupt the IG in order to buy time to improve the sales of the "new"Defender...
The legal action in the US has been taken by Ineos not JLR:

Screenshot_20221208_134719.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well what I posted this time, and actually last time too, were direct cut & paste/screenshot from an agent's email. So that is happening in some cases.

Both seemed to co-incide, almost to the hour, with forum reminders from @Halliwell Jones Chester; so one might well jump to the conclusion that Ineos central are pushing these messages out to the agents to have that direct contact with their pool of owners.

It may sound like a simple thing to do from the centre but frankly I think they seem to be struggling with communications and have called on the agents to split the workload and perhaps use more accurate or easier to manipulate customer databases.
Thanks. My chosen dealership hasn’t been very communicative I’m afraid.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
The legal action in the US has been taken by Ineos not JLR:
Ineos didn't declare the war, they just fired first.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
A preemptive strike, which seems to be a wise move.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sam,

I also spoke to the agent/dealer accouple of weeks ago. He sent me a new pdf doc. which he said had already been updated on the "dealer portal" which he can see, but my account on the "Australian"website still shows the original contract albeit with the Nov. price rise applied!  Not reassuring!

Was wondering if anyone else has this experieno far?

I had the same experience but it was updated about two months later to the right pdf and specs of "my" car: the dealer can provide you the right configuration

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My last reply was in posted in my cellphone, "inside" the comment of DennisM ...

it began with "I had the same experience..."

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry I don’t want to name and shame. Just hope that start to communicate soon
Just so you're aware, you can move agent to whoever you want, regardless of your build date. This isn't saying move to me by the way, but if there is someone else closer to you and you know they're a bit more active you can email the agent you want to move to with a request and they will forward this to INEOS and within 48hrs your build will be moved.

You can private message me if you want and I can let INEOS know that communication hasn't been great for you. I personally want every Agent to be on the ball with this so everyone gets a great customer service enhancing the brand overall.

Steve.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just so you're aware, you can move agent to whoever you want, regardless of your build date. This isn't saying move to me by the way, but if there is someone else closer to you and you know they're a bit more active you can email the agent you want to move to with a request and they will forward this to INEOS and within 48hrs your build will be moved.

You can private message me if you want and I can let INEOS know that communication hasn't been great for you. I personally want every Agent to be on the ball with this so everyone gets a great customer service enhancing the brand overall.

Steve.
Thankyou for your reply. I will consult with the local government (wife 😳) and make a decision. I’m in the central region where there is a dearth of agents.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Posted on FB, seems some dealers aren't even writing their own emails:
Screenshot_20221209_131821.jpg

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Posted on FB, seems some dealers aren't even writing their own emails:
View attachment 7797561

Hey, full marks to that Outback Dealer in Noosa, QLD - forwarding the original email containing all relevant info is a damnsite quicker than having to rewrite and personalise it without reward. That's a sign of the true Grennie spirit!

Back
Top Bottom