The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Delivery?????

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
PERFECT! User name change time!

Local time
Reaction score
I've never seen that video. I did get an email Oct 19, 2022 saying they were in production. And recall in the summer a statement they were producing cars.

Dealers receive 2-3 demos first ? First I've heard of it.

The billionare 's got his, he's ok jack. The rest of us, being played for chumps.

It's a mugs game waiting in the Americas

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I've never seen that video. I did get an email Oct 19, 2022 saying they were in production. And recall in the summer a statement they were producing cars.

The billionare 's got his, he's ok jack. The rest of us, being played for chumps.

If it wasn't for the Billionaire's idea to do it then none of us would be getting one.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
And a timely reminder/update:

View attachment 7797449
Thankyou DCPU. But why aren’t people with orders getting contacted by Ineos or their agents directly? Not everyone uses the forum or Facebook. I certainly know people who have ordered a Grenadier who are not on any social media platforms.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does your dealership Contact customers to inform them that they have a certain amount of time to make any changes before their contract is locked/ within 60 days of their build date. Or is this Left to Ineos head office. Either way for a lot of customers this does not seem to be happening. Thanks. 👍

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the Billionaire's idea to do it then none of us would be getting one.
And if it wasn’t Sir Billionaire’s private money, then none of us would be getting one. Imagine if public company shareholders got a say into whether the Grenadier project went ahead or not 😳 This is a project of passion, which I am excited to be a part of, in order to turn it into a profitable and viable business venture.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And if it wasn’t Sir Billionaire’s private money, then none of us would be getting one. Imagine if public company shareholders got a say into whether the Grenadier project went ahead or not 😳 This is a project of passion, which I am excited to be a part of, in order to turn it into a profitable and viable business venture.
Imagine running into Sir Jim before the Grenadier project.
Hi Sir Jim, I used some of your caustic soda the other day.
Might result in a pat on the shoulder and a good on you.
He strikes me as a pat on the shoulder guy.

Alternately saying
Hi Sir Jim, I bought a Grenadier
Probably result in a smile and a pint of the Grenadiers best followed by a long conversation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does your dealership Contact customers to inform them that they have a certain amount of time to make any changes before their contract is locked/ within 60 days of their build date. Or is this Left to Ineos head office. Either way for a lot of customers this does not seem to be happening. Thanks. 👍
I was contacted by both

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I personally contact everyone to inform them of when changes need to be done by. Best advice for everyone would be, don’t wait for your agent or INEOS to contact you. Build your car, make sure it’s right and order. If you need to change any spec, just do it the second you decide because these deadlines are going to be very strict and your only option will be to take delivery or cancel, re-order and pay the higher price.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's worth pointing out how quickly things change and even the giants like VW are calling it "chaos" right now:

"BERLIN – Volkswagen Group’s main plant in Wolfsburg is building well under 400,000 cars a year, less than half its capacity, because of "flat-out chaos" in the supply chain, VW brand chief Thomas Schaefer said.
They said that in August 2021
Wolfsburg chip shortage

Local time
Reaction score
Alternately saying
Hi Sir Jim, I bought a Grenadier
Probably result in a smile and a pint of the Grenadiers best followed by a long conversation.
Are you in earest, Dave ?

Legend has it M. Henry Ford would do similar but his thirst quencher of choice was a tall glass of warm water.

So didn't have many takers ...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you in earest, Dave ?

Legend has it M. Henry Ford would do similar but his thirst quencher of choice was a tall glass of warm water.

So didn't have many takers ...
Sir Jim strikes me as the kind of guy that would be happy to have a pint or two and a chat with someone who shares his passions.
I bet he has a hell of a laugh on him as well

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

that's a bit harsh...!! one of the major impediments to the US Market was the endless legal action taken by Jag/Land Rover claiming all sorts of (imaginary) Intellectual Property infringements... It set the US release back at least 12 months. It has been a calculated strategy in various markets by JLR to disrupt the IG in order to buy time to improve the sales of the "new"Defender...

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I personally contact everyone to inform them of when changes need to be done by. Best advice for everyone would be, don’t wait for your agent or INEOS to contact you. Build your car, make sure it’s right and order. If you need to change any spec, just do it the second you decide because these deadlines are going to be very strict and your only option will be to take delivery or cancel, re-order and pay the higher price.
I hear ya, and this is what I did (phoned up with my spec changes before being prompted. I had been hanging onto them).

The dealer - Magic Enterprises in Perth WA - was able to do this over the phone and the updated spec was immediately visible to me via my order on the website - preview image and downloadable pdf summary. Cannot complain.

Ineos previously advised an Aug/Sep delivery, but I asked about the actual build date - and was surprised to know it's now saying April, which is earlier than expected (fine by me). I wonder if Aus cars are being prioritised... or maybe (inevitable) attrition converting orders to contracts.

Back
Top Bottom