The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Delivery?????

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Must be different Nescafe to what we get in Australia
Here it is instant coffee which is not good coffee at all.
We're talking about the same product: It's instant coffee all over the world.

The crazy thing is: I'm a coffee fanatic. And I actually hate instant coffee. BUT: Of all the instant coffees out there, Nescafé is the least bad.

So why do I buy Nescafé at all? Because was corrupted at my job. Coffee was always a quick thing: grab a cup with Nescafé, sugar, and milk, and pour hot water over it. Then quickly back to the monitor before the idea disappears.

Today, I make myself a real espresso (a mocha, to be exact) with a special coffee from Sicily. Once a year I order two and a half dozen packets directly from Sicily. They are vacuum-packed and I store them in a cold cellar room so they retain their flavor for a long time.

Every morning I make coffee from it for my wife and me with a classic Bialetti on a gas flame, and it takes the time it takes. It's the best coffee you can have.

BUT: During the day, I often want a cup of coffee between work. And it's not worth it to brew a whole pot of coffee. So I just make a single (large) cup. And that's why I still buy Nescafé.

For 8 euros. :confused:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
We're talking about the same product: It's instant coffee all over the world.

The crazy thing is: I'm a coffee fanatic. And I actually hate instant coffee. BUT: Of all the instant coffees out there, Nescafé is the least bad.

So why do I buy Nescafé at all? Because was corrupted at my job. Coffee was always a quick thing: grab a cup with Nescafé, sugar, and milk, and pour hot water over it. Then quickly back to the monitor before the idea disappears.

Today, I make myself a real espresso (a mocha, to be exact) with a special coffee from Sicily. Once a year I order two and a half dozen packets directly from Sicily. They are vacuum-packed and I store them in a cold cellar room so they retain their flavor for a long time.

Every morning I make coffee from it for my wife and me with a classic Bialetti on a gas flame, and it takes the time it takes. It's the best coffee you can have.

BUT: During the day, I often want a cup of coffee between work. And it's not worth it to brew a whole pot of coffee. So I just make a single (large) cup. And that's why I still buy Nescafé.

For 8 euros. :confused:
I only drink espresso but sadly my espresso machine at home failed and I haven't replaced it yet
I also have a moka pot from Bialetti and one will be included in the Grenadier
Sadly I have succumbed to get a Nespresso Vertuo machine so I can have a quick cup of Espresso during the day

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
The Bialetti way is the purest one. But even a Bialetti takes some skills to achieve good results. ;)

The first one is: Don't pour cold water into the Bialetti, but start with hot water from the very beginning. You will otherwise "burn" the coffee as it takes way to long to make the water boil. This means: you have to preheat (cook) the water in another pot and then pour it into the Bialetti.

It's a science. :cool:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Bialetti way is the purest one. But even a Bialetti takes some skills to achieve good results. ;)

The first one is: Don't pour cold water into the Bialetti, but start with hot water from the very beginning. You will otherwise "burn" the coffee as it takes way to long to make the water boil. This meas: you have to preheat (cook) the water in another pot and then pour it into the Bialetti.

I just use hot water from the tap
as I am only after an espresso I turn off the heat as soon as the coffee starts to come out the top.
i also dislike too hot, burnt bitter coffee

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

The first one is: Don't pour cold water into the Bialetti, but start with hot water from the very beginning. You will otherwise "burn" the coffee as it takes way to long to make the water boil. This meas: you have to preheat (cook) the water in another pot and then pour it into the Bialetti.

Even with a Bialetti it's hard to prevent the water boiling!

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Jeeeesus…… can you start a separate “coffee banter” thread.?
It’s tedious wading through all the drivel when trying to find real information.

p.s. I love banter as much as the next person but FFS.

Back
Top Bottom