The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Finally a tow test video

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Standard mirrors on the Grenadiers. So the vans are narrower than 2146mm?
Or they are breaking the law?

Last edited:
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
I have a Prime Campers 15" hybrid, I just measured it at 2030mm wide, so I should be OK.
Tazzieman 2290mm is very wide for a 12 footer, it should be very stable, what brand ?

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australia’s Caravan World Magazine tow test. Well worth a look.

View: https://youtu.be/dTcSRFjsVT8?si=myxsmqR1ZOU4Z8tW
I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of actual caravan towing detail in the video. No info about the tyre pressures on the tow vehicle, no tow-ball weights, no feedback on any sway or levels with the towbar and the loading, limited tow speed at 80-87 mentioned, seems a bit like a marketing vid

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australia’s Caravan World Magazine tow test. Well worth a look.

View: https://youtu.be/dTcSRFjsVT8?si=myxsmqR1ZOU4Z8tW
I'll be honest, this test and Tim's reporting feels a lot like a paid advertorial here. I like the CW publication and Tim's work generally but the lack of critical reporting in this video is a bit underwhelming. Having Tom Smith present (Ineos Automotive Australia Marketing Manager) is just a sign to.me that this is sponsored work.
Tim is a tall man. Not one word about the RHD footrest? Nothing about the tow hitch issues? Nothing about the 13 pin socket with some pins missing? Nothing about electric brake control setup issues?

Back
Top Bottom