The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

FBH ie Webasto etc

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
Preis mit Einbau ist im üblichen Rahmen.

Frage: Wer baut ein, macht das Lentz selbst? Das hieße ja leider, dass man da hinfahren muss. Haben die Einbaupartner, vielleicht künftig?

Sorry, edited:
Price with installation is within the usual range.

Question: Who installs it, does Lentz do it themself? Unfortunately, that would mean that you have to go there. Do they have installation partners, maybe in the future?
From what I understand, they offer schooling for Webasto providers. So hopefully someone in the south will jump on soon.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And where will it be mounted?

Scan4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Preis mit Einbau ist im üblichen Rahmen.

Frage: Wer baut ein, macht das Lentz selbst? Das hieße ja leider, dass man da hinfahren muss. Haben die Einbaupartner, vielleicht künftig?

Sorry, edited:
Price with installation is within the usual range.

Question: Who installs it, does Lentz do it themself? Unfortunately, that would mean that you have to go there. Do they have installation partners, maybe in the future?
They have their own mechanics performing the installation. But i am sure that all skilled mechanics installing heater are able to.
They told me they habe to climb under the car for installation to connect the gas/peteol pipe.
Time for the procedure varies from 7 to 12 hours work.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Me living in Berlin I think it is wise to drive 200km to Hamburg and let them do the install. They have developed this Ineos-approved set and should know what they are doing. Other workshops can not have experience at the time being so I will not risk warranty.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hm, - dann warte ich noch ein bisschen, - der nächstgelegene Lentz ist in Göttingen. 218 km.. Nö - ich warte mal ab welche Möglichkeiten sich so ergeben, das weiter südlich durchführen zu lassen.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems to be the one for the petrol car. Imho the diesel has no space there I think they have to mount it elsewhere or remove some things.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
csm_Position_Standheizung_Grenadier_Motorraum_1340x480px_300dpi_c9aae35527.jpg

“Gilching – October 13, 2023 – Year-round comfortable warmth in an off-roader – in collaboration with Ineos Automotive, Webasto has developed two customized retrofit parking-heater solutions for the robust and versatile Grenadier. The installations are available for the gasoline and diesel versions of the off-roader.

The vehicle-specific kits from Webasto comprise the Thermo Top Evo heater, which delivers four or five kilowatts of heat output, and a specially developed holder for the mounting location. Furthermore, the Webasto FuelFix tank pickup tube, a plug-and-play wiring harness for controlling the fan, and the Cronus Smart control module facilitate installation. The total installation time for the complete disassembly and reassembly of all components up to the point of initial commissioning amounts to approximately eleven hours.

The parking heater is mounted at the front, right beneath the hood at top left, thereby complying with the maximum wading depth of 80 centimeters specified by Ineos Automotive. “The burner fleece in the heater must ignite properly, so it cannot be submerged in water,” is how Armin Küllmer, Applications Development Team Leader at Webasto, explains the installation location.

Seventy pages of documentation from Webasto provide a step-by-step description of the installation procedure. The Webasto service app allows the detailed installation instructions to be downloaded by scanning the QR code on the device packaging. This allows them, for instance, to be viewed at the car on a smartphone or tablet PC and enlarged by zooming in. Videos that illustrate the installation procedure are also available. “In this way, we are providing our workshop partners and Ineos dealers with precise instructions. Installation is then really straightforward,” says Küllmer.

The Cronus Smart control unit, with its vehicle-specific software, also contributes to the retrofit system’s simplicity. It forms an interface between the Webasto heater, the control unit and the vehicle, enabling automatic control of the vehicle’s fan and fan louvers, eliminating the need to manually adjust them before the heater starts. The electrical connection is made via a matching wiring harness, which is simply plugged in.

To operate the parking heater, the MultiControl pre-set timer and the Telestart T99 radio remote control are already included in the scope of delivery for the Ineos Grenadier. Moreover, the heater can also be controlled using the web-based ThermoConnect app, irrespective of the range. Users who normally operate the parking heater from close range can now also do so via a Bluetooth interface.“

Last edited:
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
I’ll upload the instructions and other documentation to the resources section when I get to a computer later today.
The Instructions/documentation for the Webasto system do not seem to have made it to the resources section. Please upload them when you get a chance. I will be looking to install this in conjunction with the forthcoming Alucab tent conversion.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
The Instructions/documentation for the Webasto system do not seem to have made it to the resources section. Please upload them when you get a chance. I will be looking to install this in conjunction with the forthcoming Alucab tent conversion.
They turned out not to be instructions but just some promotional material.

If you get the instructions with your heater scan them and I’ll upload them for the group. Same for the Alucab if they have them.

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Any updates on the setup? I am thinking about one, but thinking twice abut the cost of 1800 EUR + VAT + 952 EUR for the install.
My main use case is to be able to have a heated cabin while overlanding. I am not really fond of the inline setup, I think a lot of heat and diesel is wasted if I camp for 2-3 days.
It seems, at least from the diagrams, that there is no way to change it to a parallel setup without additional parts. I had a parallel setup before, an Eberspacher which I installed myself, and I plugged the lines in parallel before the heater core. This setup I find to be the most versatile, as it allows you to have heated both cabin + engine AND heated cabin only (by setting the heater core to min/cold, you are basically closing the coolant valve from the engine), with the only drawback of longer engine heating times (which it doesn't really matter).
I am a bit reluctant in spending ~ 3100 EUR on something not optimal, at least for my needs.

What are your opinions?
Is the thermal loss though the engine that bad to not be a solution while camping?
Any other DiY/modular options you think of?

1712323580806.jpg
1712323705764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom