The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia euro plug

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
I have been chasing the connectors for the 13 pin socket on my wagon with no luck , I contacted deutscher but the dont have them but wish they did as they get about 3 calls a week ,they suggested I contact mouser or digi-key bt no luck there either . Has anybody tracked them down ?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been chasing the connectors for the 13 pin socket on my wagon with no luck , I contacted deutscher but the dont have them but wish they did as they get about 3 calls a week ,they suggested I contact mouser or digi-key bt no luck there either . Has anybody tracked them down ?
Noting the other suggestions given, Digikey AU do appear to have what you want. These are the parts supplied by Redarc in their bundled Towpro kit for the Grenadier.
TE Connector
TE Seal

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
as soon as it arives and I do it I will post the result . I only needed 1 extra pin for the electric brake , as one of the exixting pins is an ignition source for y dc-dc charger

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Noting the other suggestions given, Digikey AU do appear to have what you want. These are the parts supplied by Redarc in their bundled Towpro kit for the Grenadier.
TE Connector
TE Seal
looks like they would work but I have already gone down the new socket path , I only managed to find digikey international and when I contacted them they realy had no idea what I was talking about , they knew I was from Aus you would think they would have said contact thr AU site . I is a much simplier solution with the new pins as only one wire needs to be cut which is the brake light cable for the signal and the fitting of the diode .

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
looks like they would work but I have already gone down the new socket path , I only managed to find digikey international and when I contacted them they realy had no idea what I was talking about , they knew I was from Aus you would think they would have said contact thr AU site . I is a much simplier solution with the new pins as only one wire needs to be cut which is the brake light cable for the signal and the fitting of the diode .
Agreed. File this option away if you need to come back to it.

I initially cut out pin 2 (fog light) as a donor pin then later obtained a spare pin from a socket that was removed from a vehicle as part of conversion to a 7 pin socket. I only needed one pin for my camper electric brake circuit. I tapped the brake trigger wire into the brake light circuit near the tow harness plug under the right trim panel.
Removing pin 2 at the euro socket did not create any errors.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. File this option away if you need to come back to it.

I initially cut out pin 2 (fog light) as a donor pin then later obtained a spare pin from a socket that was removed from a vehicle as part of conversion to a 7 pin socket. I only needed one pin for my camper electric brake circuit. I tapped the brake trigger wire into the brake light circuit near the tow harness plug under the right trim panel.
Removing pin 2 at the euro socket did not create any errors.
I had thought of that but I wanted to keep the wiring as supplied ,just my preferance as to keep to the standard wiring diagram . I got caught with my freelander 2 when the trailer wiring was ripped out on a rocky road , but a couple of tinnies some shade and a test light wasnt all that bad . Initally I thought 2 wires plus maybe another earth but it is now 1 as there is an ignition wire and the earth that is there will be ok . I am now thinking of going back to the pin solution if I can source them from digikey . A bit of a mixed up answer but I dont think my coffee was strong enough this morning .

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
TE Connector
TE Seal
completed the socket swap today ,works ok but is quite a lot of work as I also wired my redarc tow pro and an ignition wire for the dc/dc charger , the existing wire I thought was an ignition wire turned out to be constantly live . I would suggest to go the redarc wiring harness route as it was difficult making my own harness and then running to the socket . there is not much haeness at the socket end so there were a few beeps . The ignition wire I sourced from the aux socket in the left hand rear panel though the large gromet and behind the heat shield to the plug and fitted to the pin that the live wire used as this is the normal position for it . you will need to remove the guard and 3 bolts fron the heat shield

Back
Top Bottom