The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Engine light, airbag light, adblue error, transmission error, help please I'm in Indonesia.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
I've just had an email from a forum member in Indonesia, @GL Cars

"Hi

Im far in indonesia and seems my car has a problem the engine light airbag light adblue error transmission error

I stay in jakarta and driving the grenadier diesel

Do you have anybody in jakarta indonesia who can help me with my problem

Thanks
Goldi"

Any ideas to get him on the road again?

Stu.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
@GL Cars: What is your software version? If it ends in 1939, you probably can ignore the warnings. Turn your contact key on, wait, and off until the warnings dissappear.
[/QUOT
I wondered what colour the errors are, red or amber ? Is there no dealer support in Indonesia?

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just had an email from a forum member in Indonesia, @GL Cars

"Hi

Im far in indonesia and seems my car has a problem the engine light airbag light adblue error transmission error

I stay in jakarta and driving the grenadier diesel

Do you have anybody in jakarta indonesia who can help me with my problem

Thanks
Goldi"

Any ideas to get him on the road again?

Stu.
Get a different car ...

Huwfit

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a person who paid my deposit after seeing the prototype 4 years ago and having taken delivery last May I can only offer you my experience….multiple warning lights that changed daily, the car was fine to drive, but… just after exiting the motorway my power steering failed completely!! I count myself lucky that this did not happen at 70 mph as it could have been fatal. Steering the Grenadier without power steering is not for the faint hearted, if you are in the bush or the outback you will not be able to get back in that vehicle.
I returned the car and got a refund- in the UK you can do this in the first 6 months.
Genuinely I loved the car , the design and the JR story behind it, but based on my horrendous customer service experience ( no reply for 8 weeks on a formal complaint?!) This brand , as much as there in initially a lot to love will not be around in the vehicle market in 3 years.:.. Meanwhile my Toyota Landcruiser 2007 with 200,000 miles on has given me no issues in 17 years, as for Grenadier put all your complaints in writing and if they have not solved reported issues in a satisfactory time you are entitled to your money back (UK Within 6 months from the date of receiving your vehicle) after 6 months you are own!! …

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
As a person who paid my deposit after seeing the prototype 4 years ago and having taken delivery last May I can only offer you my experience….multiple warning lights that changed daily, the car was fine to drive, but… just after exiting the motorway my power steering failed completely!! I count myself lucky that this did not happen at 70 mph as it could have been fatal. Steering the Grenadier without power steering is not for the faint hearted, if you are in the bush or the outback you will not be able to get back in that vehicle.
I returned the car and got a refund- in the UK you can do this in the first 6 months.
Genuinely I loved the car , the design and the JR story behind it, but based on my horrendous customer service experience ( no reply for 8 weeks on a formal complaint?!) This brand , as much as there in initially a lot to love will not be around in the vehicle market in 3 years.:.. Meanwhile my Toyota Landcruiser 2007 with 200,000 miles on has given me no issues in 17 years, as for Grenadier put all your complaints in writing and if they have not solved reported issues in a satisfactory time you are entitled to your money back (UK Within 6 months from the date of receiving your vehicle) after 6 months you are own!! …
Really, this is your first post, and you joined on the same day as DIWL? GL Cars is looking for help not discouragement. Let them see if they can work through it, and if not then there may be a place for rehashing complaints and telling them to return the Ineos.

Back
Top Bottom