The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Engine cooling noise diesel

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Apologies all, mea culpa. Just checked and it was a new TEN litre container, not twenty as stated in my earlier post.

Sorry for the confusion.
That's it.
You have to take a penance of no posts for 24 hours.
Take some time to reflect on the error of your ways and the hurt and confusion you may have caused.
Or if you are catholic say 4 hail Mary's and post again in 10 minutes.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Anyone with a diesel who can help? After turning off the car after a 30 minute drive. The engine cooling fan is super loud for 3/5 minutes after I turn off the ignition. Is it normally this loud?

Many thanks
Mine did yesterday after 5 min drive. Such a whine and soooo load

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Well I can join this club today. Two 11 mile low speed journeys back to back with maybe 20 mins in between.

Not only loud but powerful - note engine is off:
IMG_20230630_122818381_HDR.jpg

Engine back on and fans switched off and we went back into charge mode:
IMG_20230630_122901255_HDR.jpg

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Crikey, that's a hell of a load. I mentioned somewhere else that the fan running after shutdown would not be good for the battery but got shouted down.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yikes! draw down to 11.9V!!
Illustrates the value of the second battery! .... However: I believe there must be a sensor issue, either its placement or setting ...the diesel prototypes on one of the drive days in Sth East Queensland last December (sthn hemisphere summer) I distinctly remember the ambient shade temp was uncomfortably warm and the vehicles had been crawling around in low gear ....there was no hint of overheating or heavy fan noise either during the drive, nor once the engine was switched off.

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Anyone with a diesel who can help? After turning off the car after a 30 minute drive. The engine cooling fan is super loud for 3/5 minutes after I turn off the ignition. Is it normally this loud?

Many thanks
Mine has done the exact same thing twice now. I was told it's normal after a hard drive. My issue is it's winter here in Victoria (Oz) 5-10 degrees Celsius, normal engine temperature, so I'm worried what it'll be like in actual summer heat. I took video of it

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Illustrates the value of the second battery! .... However: I believe there must be a sensor issue, either its placement or setting ...the diesel prototypes on one of the drive days in Sth East Queensland last December (sthn hemisphere summer) I distinctly remember the ambient shade temp was uncomfortably warm and the vehicles had been crawling around in low gear ....there was no hint of overheating or heavy fan noise either during the drive, nor once the engine was switched off.
Draw down isn't inherently an issue depending on cable size, but obviously drawing that amount of current for a fan is considerable, albeit for a short amount of time. I have a feeling this is (and I'm another sure why) a sensor issue, I'm sure in my limited knowledge that it's not dpf related.

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Mein Diesel hat das gestern und heute ununterbrochen gemacht. Super lautes Lüftergeräusch nach dem Abstellen des Motors. Heute war es auch beim Fahren laut. Kurze Fahrten, daher verstehe ich es nicht. Motor-/Öltemperaturen sind alle normal. Der Händler sagt, es sei normal, aber ich weiß es nicht. Es ist nicht nur der Ventilator, es gibt auch ein Zischen/Jaulen, als würde man in ein Rohr blasen. Hört sonst noch jemand diesen Wahnsinn?
Ja, bei uns bisher zweimal passiert...einmal hatten wir am Friedhof geparkt...wir hatten echt schon Bedenken wegen Störung der Totenruhe..es war wirklich sehr laut. Wenn das normal ist, traue ich mich nicht in einer Tiefgarage zu parken.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If we could duct it like a Gordon Murray car, imagine the cornering speeds... or maybe it would even run upside down?

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My previous BMW X4 3.0 diesel would sometimes run the engine cooling fan after shutdown. Seemed to happen after low speed trips on hot days when I suspect there wasn’t sufficient air flow when driving to cool the engine sufficiently. It was very loud.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has done this a dozen times I the past eight weeks. Weather, distance covered appears to have no connection to the random nature of the event. Reminds me of an aeroplane turbine engine winding down. 😁

Back
Top Bottom