The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electronic Throttle Control

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
There is no easy way , other than the Special Factory Tool and a working knowledge of Braille.
Or plasma cut through the firewall

NixGrenadier2023

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Guys, it's a 3 minute job to undo the bolt that holds the pedal down. Put the plasma cutter away and just remove bolt, flip the pedal over, and and remove the connector. The single bolt is under the round plastic plug at the base of the pedal.

By the way, the Ultimate9 evcX (model X401) completely eliminates the throttle lag on the diesel. It now takes off in city traffic like my Isuzu 4BDT1 110!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Guys, it's a 3 minute job to undo the bolt that holds the pedal down. Put the plasma cutter away and just remove bolt, flip the pedal over, and and remove the connector. The single bolt is under the round plastic plug at the base of the pedal.

By the way, the Ultimate9 evcX (model X401) completely eliminates the throttle lag on the diesel. It now takes off in city traffic like my Isuzu 4BDT1 110!
Nix
Your quote 'And remove the connector'. Did that bit come easy for you? It was a struggle for me. The rest of your post was very accurate and helpful.
Regarding the after effects. Really impressive.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Someone else here suggested the Ultimate9 evcX X401 throttle controller and I installed one a couple of days ago, it definitely works with a wide range of adjustment. This is the step up from the model you listed (EVC401) which would work as well.

Still playing with the settings, this one works from the buttons or connects to a easy to use app via Bluetooth. Relatively easy to install, remove single bolt at base of throttle pedal, remove connector at rear of pedal assembly (would be difficult for the big fingered), insert new control unit and run cable to mini head unit.

I got my unit from 4X4 Mods Australia for a good price and they delivered quickly:
https://www.4x4modsaustralia.com.au...te9-EVC-X-Throttle-Controller-All-BMW/Mini-00

Here is a pic of the control unit, it is tiny (apologies for the dodgy pic)View attachment 7833442
Why did you add this specifically? What is the benefit here? I don’t know much about this.
Thank you

NixGrenadier2023

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Nix
Your quote 'And remove the connector'. Did that bit come easy for you? It was a struggle for me. The rest of your post was very accurate and helpful.
Regarding the after effects. Really impressive.
The connector comes off very easily when you press the top & bottom tabs and pull the connector apart. ie. you will struggle if you don't press both tabs together.

NixGrenadier2023

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The connector comes off very easily when you press the top & bottom tabs and pull the connector apart. ie. you will struggle if you don't press both tabs together.
...this is why it is so difficult to remove the connector unless you remove the pedal and can access the 2 tabs on the connector

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I removed the pedal first having looked at a BMW website. Both Tazziman and myself still found the plastic connector a PIA to remove despite pressing the tabs. Glad it worked well for you. The outcome however is well worth all the effort. Just make sure ignition is off, keys removed and door has been open for a couple of minutes. (As per instructions)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Today's experience on a drive in mixed gravel/bitumen variably hilly terrain.
Petrol Grenadier.
Economy mode I seemed to use 0.4-.5L/100km less (driving normally)
Ultimate 9 mode - Holy heck! I'm tempted to challenge my wife to a dual ( Her Volvo EV twin is ridiculously quick).
Launch mode = 😁

You haven't got more power/ torque but your seat of the pantsometer tells you otherwise. G wagen like off a standing start.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
Hello friends, I have been looking at the pedal box pro, but when I go to select the vehicle only the gasoline grenadier appears, does anyone of you know if the same device works for the Diesel. Thank you

PS: Do you recommend it for diesel?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello friends, I have been looking at the pedal box pro, but when I go to select the vehicle only the gasoline grenadier appears, does anyone of you know if the same device works for the Diesel. Thank you

PS: Do you recommend it for diesel?
I have the pro on my diesel. Don’t know if it is exactly the same but I suspect it is. They will tell you for sure if you call them.
I can only say it is a revelation. Very easy to fit and use. Extremely happy with it.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the pro on my diesel. Don’t know if it is exactly the same but I suspect it is. They will tell you for sure if you call them.
I can only say it is a revelation. Very easy to fit and use. Extremely happy with it.
Thanks Cheshire Cat, I'll talk to them and let you know.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello colleagues, I have been talking to DTE Germany to find out if the Pedal Box pro was the same for the Gasoline model as for the Diesel model, they referred me to the DTE Distributor who is in Spain, the person in charge contacted me but He has not been able to clarify it to me with 100% clarity, since he was convinced that it was NOT the same but he was surprised that they only advertised the Gasoline model, he has promised to clarify it for me as quickly as possible, as I have seen it very accessible and nearby, I have raised the possibility of giving some type of discount to members of the forum, he was quite interested, he has promised to respond to me in a couple of days, I will let you know what he tells me. Greetings

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
For those that have this installed, does it save the stock tune as a setting? Also, assuming low range has a separate tune from the factory, im guessing by leaving in stock mode everything operates as normal? Thanks in advance!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For those that have this installed, does it save the stock tune as a setting? Also, assuming low range has a separate tune from the factory, im guessing by leaving in stock mode everything operates as normal? Thanks in advance!
It only influencers the speed of opening of the throttle. Faster , slower or factory mode (no difference to stock).
Fastest setting is like sports plus mode in other cars (but does not alter suspension, obviously)
Slowest setting - you can floor it going up a steep hill and the engine won't rev much at all.
The old timers/self professed experts will tell you "just learn to modulate your right foot"
Ignore them. Throttle controllers work, but do not rely upon magic.

Low range is just mechanical, unless there is some jiggery pokery I'm not aware of.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I succumbed to temptation🙄.... the UltimateX9 it should be arriving early next week.😈
Also found on Amazon a copy of C.T. Madigan's account of his 1939 expedition across the Simpson Desert... (that trip being a bucket list yearning to justify the purchase of my Trialmaster)....

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I succumbed to temptation🙄.... the UltimateX9 it should be arriving early next week.😈
You will find there are as many believers as non believers. With a scientific mind you can come to your own conclusions.
With a throttle controller on my legs set to launch mode , I could beat Usain Bolt to the 15m mark.
Set to anti slip mode , a 2 year old would beat me easily.
That's my analogy!

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife just drove the Grenadier for the third time, and hates the flat spot in take off.
Purchase approved.
It's on it way.
Thanks for discount shopping The DocAUS

Back
Top Bottom