The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Electric Side Steps

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7848162
View attachment 7848163

View attachment 7848164OK, got them installed. They work fine, step is lower and easier to climb in to seat now. Wiring harness threaded behind ODB port, well concealed. The motors are reasonably tucked under. This is not an easy install and the supplied instruction manual is very rudimentary, they need to improve that. Overall am please with how it turned out.
one question < are the motors water tight , will they handle imersion during creek crossing ?

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
one question < are the motors water tight , will they handle imersion during creek crossing ?
They claim they are, I don’t do any wading so will not be confirming if this is true or not. The motors look well built.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Sure:
The instruction manual is really bad, it looks like they whipped up on a 20 year old computer in 30 minutes. They just finished producing these, I believe I am one of these first customers for these steps from them. They originally only had two motors, they added a third after it was bouncy they said. The motors needed shims to get them to line up even and rubber grommets were added also. The plastic rocker panel trim piece needed to be removed and cut slightly to fit the motors. It does not plug in to the OBD2 port itself, it was tapped in the wiring. The 4th picture above you can see the red connectors behind the port. It took a good 5 hours. The. Steps are not bouncy, but do have a bit of flex when you put weight on them. They are not as stiff as the Urban Black Shadow fixed steps. The parts seemed to be of good quality. Obviously, this company does not provide much support if there are problems so keep that in mind. They are reasonably priced, it was $1200 all in including shipping to East Coast by air (3-5 days)
Hi Sandy
Looks like you have done a great job with the product. You seem to have achieved a very professional finish. I also like the fact you realise that you have taken a chance with these steps and that your expectations are very realistic. Hopefully, your faith in this company and its product will prove to have been well placed. Look forward to reading how you get on.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Placed order last week. Will see how long takes to get here and what (if any) kind of documentation / installation instructions are available.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Placed order last week. Will see how long takes to get here and what (if any) kind of documentation / installation instructions are available.
Sweet let us know how it goes. For wiring to OBD2 I am considering a male OBD2 pigtail vs tapping the harness….

Last edited:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sure:
The instruction manual is really bad, it looks like they whipped up on a 20 year old computer in 30 minutes. They just finished producing these, I believe I am one of these first customers for these steps from them. They originally only had two motors, they added a third after it was bouncy they said. The motors needed shims to get them to line up even and rubber grommets were added also. The plastic rocker panel trim piece needed to be removed and cut slightly to fit the motors. It does not plug in to the OBD2 port itself, it was tapped in the wiring. The 4th picture above you can see the red connectors behind the port. It took a good 5 hours. The. Steps are not bouncy, but do have a bit of flex when you put weight on them. They are not as stiff as the Urban Black Shadow fixed steps. The parts seemed to be of good quality. Obviously, this company does not provide much support if there are problems so keep that in mind. They are reasonably priced, it was $1200 all in including shipping to East Coast by air (3-5 days)
Would you be able to post up a copy of the fitting instructions please - I'm sure these would answer a few of my questions.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They state IP67 so creek crossings should not be an issue.
probably a mote point now as I checked prices and the steps were just over $2000 and the freight was $2500 but still interested if you get enough people for a 10 order

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
probably a mote point now as I checked prices and the steps were just over $2000 and the freight was $2500 but still interested if you get enough people for a 10 order
The freight was $2500? Or the sliders with freight is $2500?

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wait, the retractable steps from Summer Auto Parts you were quoted $2500 for shipping to Oz?

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wait, the retractable steps from Summer Auto Parts you were quoted $2500 for shipping to Oz?
I am not sure where the quote was from ,I think alibaba or similar ,I just looked up retractable steps fo Ineos Grenadier and that was what I got . They were using the same video .

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not sure where the quote was from ,I think alibaba or similar ,I just looked up retractable steps fo Ineos Grenadier and that was what I got . They were using the same video .
Unless something changed, that sounds off. Mine were $1200 USD total including shipping by air to east coast of USA for just one set.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unless something changed, that sounds off. Mine were $1200 USD total including shipping by air to east coast of USA for just one set.
That sounds a bit more realistic ,I would have no hesitation at that price . Are you still going to go ahead with the group buy ?

csjeeper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
For all interested people: this is the app you can use: smartctr. Available in the Apple and Google app store.Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-20 um 16.28.03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom