The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electric Deployable Side Steps / Rock Sliders

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
There is a company called Rock Slider Engineering in Utah that makes an electric deployable side step
and features an add on option steel plate to make it a proper rock slider too. Since they are in Utah,
they test them out at Moab. They don't yet support the Grenadier. If you interested at having
them support the Grenadier, even if it is something you would not considering ordering,
please send Kyle in the Sales Division an email or call them and ask them to support the Grenadier.
The more aftermarket suppliers of products like these the better. If you would like to view a video
and get more information about their product click on my forum post link below.
Emails for Rock Slider Engineering are:
sales@rockslideengineering.com
support@rockslideengineering.com
Their phone number is: 435-752-4580 in the USA

Here's a link to my detailed post about this. Worth a view. Da Bull

Last edited:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If the Rock Slider Engineering Company also produces more conventional, (non-electric)‘fixed’ sliders, I would certainly encourage them to become an aftermarket supplier of quality products for the Grenadier.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I reached out to Rock Slide Engineering on potential for Grenadier products and received the reply that they do not intend to develop products for the vehicle at this time. BUMMER!

I have experience with their products and have been very impressed. Smart features and robust enough to use the slides to pivot on without damage to vehicle or step functionality. I would 100% order if they developed steps for the truck. Interesting that they have steps currently for sale for G Class...

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like my steps etc not to depend on a Chinese relay switch to deploy. I am not intending to "cross the Rubicon" Yes - pun intended.
Fair point and well taken. I like that the steps are intended to be disable at a switch for trail use. Preserving ground clearance but making daily driver use a bit more friendly.

Aware of any competitor products that offer similar functionality or versatility?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
I saw these guys today on youtube…… electric deployable side steps. These are not sliders… the mounting brackets would likely bend / break and the step would snap like a matchstick no doubt if you mashed them / dragged on a rock… but nonetheless for overlanding (not Moab rock crawling) and daily driving these look really appealing… I currently have the ineos side steps in my order, those are not sliders either.

I emailed them for pricing…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gii0exbOtk8&t=126s&pp=ygUPaW5lb3MgZ3JlbmFkaWVy

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I saw these guys today on youtube…… electric deployable side steps. These are not sliders… the mounting brackets would likely bend / break and the step would snap like a matchstick no doubt if you mashed them / dragged on a rock… but nonetheless for overlanding (not Moab rock crawling) and daily driving these look really appealing… I currently have the ineos side steps in my order, those are not sliders either.

I emailed them for pricing…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gii0exbOtk8&t=126s&pp=ygUPaW5lb3MgZ3JlbmFkaWVy
I came across these on Youtube today also, a difficult watch but very intriguing. Agree with your comments!

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The price seems to be $500 for the set…

Hmmmm…… might be worth the gamble

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@DaBull Meanwhile, RockSlider Engineering continues to ignore a new market base with $

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Frame mounts look a little suspect. It does not look like the bolt pattern the current sides steps use. I have no interest in tapping the frame or putting goofy brackets on.

I’ve asked for installation instructions. Perhaps the hardware below is more generic for the photo.

More to come on fully loaded price with shipping to the United States.

Attachments

• 81bfb5ce-b44d-42f6-a628-5194fecea0d7.jpeg
    81bfb5ce-b44d-42f6-a628-5194fecea0d7.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 87
  • c9a14b36-be1b-421a-9be3-d9b48fd90394.jpeg
    c9a14b36-be1b-421a-9be3-d9b48fd90394.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update. $450USD for the side steps but $550USD for shipping just 1 set. Ouch. Maybe a group but is in order for the future …. I am also seeing if somehow there is a cheaper way to ship. “The running boards are long” was the reasoning behind high international shipping from china.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update. $450USD for the side steps but $550USD for shipping just 1 set. Ouch. Maybe a group but is in order for the future …. I am also seeing if somehow there is a cheaper way to ship. “The running boards are long” was the reasoning behind high international shipping from china.
$1000 including shipping for an electric deployable step seems very reasonable, providing they are good quality and have waterproof motors and connections.
You still have to factor installation in. Still not rock sliders, however as a replacement for just side steps, looks like a nice solution and has a cool factor to it too.
DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She probably weighs about 90lbs and had them sagging a little bit. Not sure I'd trust them to hold me without collapsing.

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Have seen another set that has 3 brackets, the wring connects to the onboard CAN for command to the motor. much more sturdier looking. With these 2 brackets so far apart, there most probably will be an issue with the side step keeping level, as the motor is at one far end! This has been my experience.

and1939

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just curios if anyone has mounted and electric side steps yet.

I have seem them on other vehicles and they are pretty nice as they tuck away. I does not look like it would be that hard to retro fit brackets if ones do not exist.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/gii0exbOtk8?si=fUwfC1617ZgYINbX

I almost bought these - had a good exchange with their sales lead. $950 shipped to the US. ($450 for the steps and $500 shipping).

In the end I went with factory side runners. The electric ones are likely better for getting in / out… but would get destroyed if you ever bonked the motors/brackets driving off road…..

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/gii0exbOtk8?si=fUwfC1617ZgYINbX

I almost bought these - had a good exchange with their sales lead. $950 shipped to the US. ($450 for the steps and $500 shipping).

In the end I went with factory side runners. The electric ones are likely better for getting in / out… but would get destroyed if you ever bonked the motors/brackets driving off road…..
You emailed them, or is there a website to order from?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted through Alibaba.com then switched over to whatsapp.

Summer Auto Parts is the company building them. Be cautious of others who are simply re-labeling and selling for more.

If you PM me I can share Quinta’s WhatsApp number she is the sales person for the company.

I asked for installation instructions but they were away for Chinese new year. I believe they plug into the OBD2 port to observe door open/close events with an additional 12v lead to the batts.

Attachments

• c9a14b36-be1b-421a-9be3-d9b48fd90394.jpeg
    c9a14b36-be1b-421a-9be3-d9b48fd90394.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 62

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted through Alibaba.com then switched over to whatsapp.

Summer Auto Parts is the company building them. Be cautious of others who are simply re-labeling and selling for more.

If you PM me I can share Quinta’s WhatsApp number she is the sales person for the company.

I asked for installation instructions but they were away for Chinese new year. I believe they plug into the OBD2 port to observe door open/close events with an additional 12v lead to the batts.
I see their whatsapp on the YouTube video…I sent them an email. I will try to order a set

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see their whatsapp on the YouTube video…I sent them an email. I will try to order a set
Awesome. Keep everyone posted. I am still considering them :) it would be great to document the install and such. Shouldn’t be too hard. I’m most curious about their build quality. They look pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom