The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Eco Start Stop diesel engine

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Me too. 85% battery charge, 14.4 volts, battery 21 degrees. Turned off the AC today and stop/start still doesn’t work.
Sorry to say but I’m happy not being alone in that boat… And external temperature seems not to be the cause either as it‘s probably not as warm in England than in Corsica these days.

Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
Yes - if the A/C is on the stop start doesn't work - that is a sensible option
Really? - every Merc I've owned has functioning stop/start when the aircon is on. Same with our Fiat. Same with my new Defender 90.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My stop start doesn't work if the AC is on - I presumed it was to avoid prolonged sitting still with high battery draw and no engine running. I rarely use the AC anyway as it seems to clash with the heating controller!

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My stop start doesn't work if the AC is on - I presumed it was to avoid prolonged sitting still with high battery draw and no engine running. I rarely use the AC anyway as it seems to clash with the heating controller!
My diesel Grenadier stop/start doesn’t work full stop. Despite me driving it for hours, 95% battery charge. Had it back to the dealer twice and they said it works but it needs to reach a certain battery temperature. I said to them I’ve driven it for hours and it doesn’t work. What temperature does it need to be? Tbh I do think the software is dodgy. Sometimes when I fill up with diesel full tank, it registers 3/4 full. Next day when I started the car it’s completely full. Same with the battery charge, sometimes it’s 80% charge and next day it’s 95%. 🤔

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Really? - every Merc I've owned has functioning stop/start when the aircon is on. Same with our Fiat. Same with my new Defender 90.
BMW definately works with A/C on, and after a minute or so being stopped, the engine will kick back on, assumably to protect the battery.

I've assumed the IG will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom