The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Eco Start Stop diesel engine

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
I’d like to know if anyone with a diesel engine has seen the ESS Eco Start/Stop function triggered ?
I’ve never seen it coming in action once…
Thanks.

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer didn’t see it in action on his diesel version but only on the petrol. So I was hopping it’s a diesel issue which will be fix with a software update.
I’m in Corsica, pretty high temperature since I got my hands on mine. May be that’s why. The owner manual states that the ESS automatically disengage if exterior temperature is too high…🧐

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
My dealer didn’t see it in action on his diesel version but only on the petrol. So I was hopping it’s a diesel issue which will be fix with a software update.
I’m in Corsica, pretty high temperature since I got my hands on mine. May be that’s why. The owner manual states that the ESS automatically disengage if exterior temperature is too high…🧐
Have you been runing the air con as well? That, I think, prevents the stop/start system operating.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
I have a petrol and the start stop is a little aggressive just try a 3 point turn always switched off because it's a nightmare / dangerous. Leaving you caught out at junctions roundabouts etc would love to get it coded out.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like to know if anyone with a diesel engine has seen the ESS Eco Start/Stop function triggered ?
I’ve never seen it coming in action once…
Thanks.
Mines doesn’t work either on my diesal. Had it for three months, battery charged and the stop/start has never kicked in. Time it need a software update, what’s taking them so long?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - if the A/C is on the stop start doesn't work - that is a sensible option
I need to try this. My aircon is always on auto. So if I turn off the aircon, the stop start should work. That’s odd, I had a BMW X5 3d and the start/start would always work whether the aircon is off/on.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Yes - if the A/C is on the stop start doesn't work - that is a sensible option
AC compressor should be electrically run on modern engines (especially BMW) so should be able to still run when start/stop activates. Battery charge and heat load will affect this.

Reactions: AWo

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
I have a petrol and the start stop is a little aggressive just try a 3 point turn always switched off because it's a nightmare / dangerous. Leaving you caught out at junctions roundabouts etc would love to get it coded out.
Just bridge out the contacts at the back of the switch or add a relay that switches it off at start

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
It works on mine and I hate it. I would love a way to turn it off permanently. I guess its useful in cities but most city people dont need a 4X4

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It works on mine and I hate it. I would love a way to turn it off permanently. I guess its useful in cities but most city people dont need a 4X4
It’s a diesel to ?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+1

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My experience in an Audi is that air con running hard will override the start stop feature.

A

Back
Top Bottom