The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Driven Review (New Zealand)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Same here, I think the green and white roof is 2nd place now.

The comment about adaptive cruise control being on the way is interesting.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Most of the reviews I’ve read are almost worded the same, did they get one person to write it while the others were taking advantage of the hospitality ?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Nice written, but the question for me: Are the white color Ines, scottish white or magic mushroom. Looks very different on the pictures, so maybe Photoshop developed different.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious, can someone a bit more clever than me answer;
- The biggest fly in the on-road ointment is the steering, which while accurate, is somewhat over-assisted and has a distinct lack of much in the way of self-centring. It’s not terrible, but it does take a bit of getting used to initially.

Does this mean we can "reduce" the assistance and make the steering a bit more "tactile"?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the reviews I’ve read are almost worded the same, did they get one person to write it while the others were taking advantage of the hospitality ?
Of all the reviews and I think I have now seen most... about 3/5 are pretty much worded the same... like... minor differences. There are only 2 or 3 that really go into the car and its actual pros and cons.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Nice written, but the question for me: Are the white color Ines, scottish white or magic mushroom. Looks very different on the pictures, so maybe Photoshop developed different.
In the article the colour is Mushroom, in one image it looks white but that's just exposure

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
- The biggest fly in the on-road ointment is the steering, which while accurate, is somewhat over-assisted and has a distinct lack of much in the way of self-centring. It’s not terrible, but it does take a bit of getting used to initially.

Does this mean we can "reduce" the assistance and make the steering a bit more "tactile"?
This type of steering recirculating ball is always a bit tricky around the middle.. - so getting this a bit more direct is quite tricky.. indeed it's constructed the way to make it more indirect. Before Servo Systems came up this was the "state of the art" of upper class vehicles. (Mercedes Benz W124 and earlier)
Today its still state of the art but in HGV, Truck, and indeed what has beam axles in front... So for that part there is a trade off..
But indeed I ve no problem with this kind of steering system. Did occasionally drive trucks to 5 or 7 metric tonnes employing this kind of steering.. and offroad there is nothing better. You will get used to it.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Of all the reviews and I think I have now seen most... about 3/5 are pretty much worded the same... like... minor differences. There are only 2 or 3 that really go into the car and its actual pros and cons.

Yep - maybe ChatGPT wrote them :)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score

Belive me, like @klarie has mentioned, you will have no trouble with the steering, I have just done a comparison of a new 79 series Landcruiser with exactly the same steering as the IG compared to my rack and pinion 200 series and unless you pointed it out specifically you'd just carry on as normal and maybe think twice down the road that its "just a little vague" not this huge difference some seem to make it. All that said, I'm used to driving larger vehicles and light trucks.

Back
Top Bottom