The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel DPF

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
When COVID first came out and people were dropping like flies my doctor told me that due to my underlying medical conditions i would probably die if I caught it.
i had 3 vaccinations and attended a work event in Sydney which turned into a super spreader event.
70% of the attendees caught it.
I didn't.
Last June I attended another event in Switzerland and even though I had no symptoms i tested positive.

No idea if it was all a coincidence or a conspiracy but I was very happy to quarantine in luxury in Andermatt Switzerland than looking up at a hospital ceiling

View attachment 7804344
Yes you could have been in Nigeria or somewhere similar, and not enjoyed the lucky outcome!

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
I don’t understand… how do surfaces get contaminated? (rhetorical question)

It puzzles me how clearly intelligent people get enlisted into this hopeless, politicised illogic.
The point is that the WHO literally called anyone who suggested the virus could be airborne a nutter for two years before quietly pretending they never did.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Haha Toyota+DPF = class action. Wouldn't touch a Hilux with 10-foot pole!
All my previous vehicles have been Toyota's, non DPF Toyota's mind you. You'd think with their time in the auto industry they would have got it right like MB, but no......

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I wonder :
Does the Diesel have a DPF and where is it located ?
If yes is the burn out manual and if not can the automatic DPF burn be stopped or delayed ?
I had a Look this weekend ar Brisbane show . The DPF is located directly After the exhaust manifold high up in the engine bay .
Great Position for the high exhaust temperature
Very happy with that

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I had a Look this weekend ar Brisbane show . The DPF is located directly After the exhaust manifold high up in the engine bay .
Great Position for the high exhaust temperature
Very happy with that
I can't find much on B57 diesel DPF issues... likely not a problem from other forum searches. Its why I went diesel also. I have seen through friends: 2x Hilux with massive DPF issue, I owned a Subaru with massive DPF issue, Colorado DPF issue, Prado DPF issue. The Gren should be pretty safe with its DPF location and prior evidence suggests it performs well. Just need good maintenance of the BMW engine and your set.

Back
Top Bottom