The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel DPF

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
Off road and wading modes turn the DPF burn off so good for driving in spinifex
But did I read somewhere that Off Road mode only operates when you have the CDL engaged or low range? If that’s the case in a constant 4wd vehicle doing that sort of country there’s no need to drive with either for the most part (except maybe dunes), so wouldn’t really be of benefit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But did I read somewhere that Off Road mode only operates when you have the CDL engaged or low range? If that’s the case in a constant 4wd vehicle doing that sort of country there’s no need to drive with either for the most part (except maybe dunes), so wouldn’t really be of benefit.
Off road mode works in high or low up to 70kmh
Wading mode only works in low range locked diff and also activates off road mode.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Off road mode turns it off as well?
This is common. When your revs and exhaust outputs ramp up and down, it is no good for burn offs. Most burn offs are stored for vehicles 60km to 110km from my experience with DPF prone vehicles.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
This is common. When your revs and exhaust outputs ramp up and down, it is no good for burn offs. Most burn offs are stored for vehicles 60km to 110km from my experience with DPF prone vehicles.
Sure I do understand that it is useful to switch it off in off road mode. I just did not read it anywhere.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Off road mode works in high or low up to 70kmh
Wading mode only works in low range locked diff and also activates off road mode.
Emphasis on my comment re CDL needing to be engaged……

Argument stands if that’s the case.
If not, might work.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Getting to Grips video says that only Wading Mode stops DPF regeneration.
Correct it says wading mode stops DPF
previous video with Ineos driver in SA also says off road mode stops DPF
getting to grips say wading mode sets off road mode.
All seems a bit confusing until @Jean Mercier gets his vehicle

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Correct it says wading mode stops DPF
previous video with Ineos driver in SA also says off road mode stops DPF
getting to grips say wading mode sets off road mode.
All seems a bit confusing until @Jean Mercier gets his vehicle
No, because I have a Petrol car, due to Europe banning Diesel in some cities in the upcoming years!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Funny the old EU. Petrol cars make more CO2 than Diesels in current formats. Even the Grens own spec sheet has:
DIESEL: CO2 emissions - combined (WLTP) 276 g/km
PETROL: CO2 emissions - combined (WLTP) 292 g/km
Is it just me of is petrol more pollutant?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funny the old EU. Petrol cars make more CO2 than Diesels in current formats. Even the Grens own spec sheet has:
If you look only on CO2 it certainly is. Other factors are sometimes in favour to petrol and sometimes to diesel. You have to define what pollution means to you.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I figure I’m saving the planet by getting a petrol Grenadier. Plants grow faster with more CO2 and it makes them more drought resistant. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it. 😎

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I figure I’m saving the planet by getting a petrol Grenadier. Plants grow faster with more CO2 and it makes them more drought resistant. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it. 😎
At least you understood. That is exactly why e.g. the green houses in NL use 4% CO2 as fertilizer. No doubt there were or should I better write „are“ a lot of rather unhealthy emissions put in the environment by humans..
With or without intent.. (not political just as a fact)

I decided to stick with the Diesel powered Iggy. I am rather on torque.. despite some complexity in the exhaust cleaning system. Reviewing my requirements.. still my configuration is unchanged. I hope I will receive it like so.
At the end the environmental impact of it is not measurable. For peace of mind.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Diesel bans are about particulate matter (soot) and nitrogen oxides, these being associated with respiratory illnesses.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Petrol more CO2 per km, but diesel more particulates and nitrogen oxides

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Petrol more CO2 per km, but diesel more particulates and nitrogen oxides
Isn't DPF+Adblue meant to remove particulates to near zero levels? NItOx I can understand. There is more chance of developing a lung illness from your home's AC than a "clean and maintained" vehicle on the road - my wife works in medical and I'll stand by that fact any day. I am more concerned about those kids that are Vaping 2 feet away!!!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't DPF+Adblue meant to remove particulates to near zero levels? NItOx I can understand. There is more chance of developing a lung illness from your home's AC than a "clean and maintained" vehicle on the road - my wife works in medical and I'll stand by that fact any day. I am more concerned about those kids that are Vaping 2 feet away!!!
I don’t think it would ever be a problem if it was just one vehicle. It’s a constant stream of vehicles all day every day and the cumulative effect - even if the per vehicle contribution is small. Bearing in mind that in Oz we have nowhere near the population and urban density of the places these regs are emerging from.

Brown Tehran sunset…

A422B4E1-B620-40F0-A28B-0F6CBF9A772A.jpeg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it does a good job of it. Diesel with AdBlu I think had lower NOx levels than petrol.

Back
Top Bottom