The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Doors' bumpers diagram

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Do anyone have a diagram about replacing doors' bumpers? I ordered Trialmaster but I l'm thinking about replace these airplane rails 'cause I won't have any use for them and I found so many diagrams about different parts but I haven't seen this one.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
The rails are a built in feature, not a delete option. You can cover them with strips to keep dirt out.
If you remove them you will have to fill the holes and repaint. That would be costly.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On the other versions they just have a black plastic strip.
I am sure you will be able to buy those as a spare part.
Worry about it after you get your vehicle

Local time
Reaction score
Well, I've looked at few picture and I think they'll be able removable by unscrew their screws without dismantle whole doors but I am not sure.

Local time
Reaction score
On the other versions they just have a black plastic strip.
I am sure you will be able to buy those as a spare part.
Worry about it after you get your vehicle
Well it depends on that I'll finish my order. I'm not sure I'll do that.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Well, I've looked at few picture and I think they'll be able removable by unscrew their screws without dismantle whole doors but I am not sure.
You have to hope that there's decent captive nuts on the inside.

Ineos-Grenadier-14.jpg

You could even swap them out for wood inserts and have a bit of a homage to yesteryear:

Screenshot_20220927_071631.jpg

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are a tool you will find a use for them .

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well it depends on that I'll finish my order. I'm not sure I'll do that.
That is a little bit like looking at a woman (insert man/farm implement etc) and saying "I don't have a need for that curve so I shall not go out with her" You do and 30 years later you say "that is a nice curve" What may not be appealing or attractive today may become very useful and interesting tomorrow. Even if tomorrow is in a different century. After 45 years of marriage requirements change.

Local time
Reaction score
They are a tool you will find a use for them .
I don't think so when you have to strip everything down when you enter tarmac road. It will be just a collector of dirt. I'm in EU.

Local time
Reaction score
That is a little bit like looking at a woman (insert man/farm implement etc) and saying "I don't have a need for that curve so I shall not go out with her" You do and 30 years later you say "that is a nice curve" What may not be appealing or attractive today may become very useful and interesting tomorrow. Even if tomorrow is in a different century. After 45 years of marriage requirements change.
I didn't say it's my deal breaker. I'm just still thinking about Toyota LC J7. Less comfort, less complex, less PCs but it's just a little cheaper with some upgrades than IG. And just 1GR-FE VVT-i option in my country.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think so when you have to strip everything down when you enter tarmac road. It will be just a collector of dirt. I'm in EU.
Im thinking more along the lines of workbench work area easy enough to carry some attachable worksurfaces .

Local time
Reaction score
Im thinking more along the lines of workbench work area easy enough to carry some attachable worksurfaces .
Well you know, if it's easy to remove I can put it back easily.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at this photo again - excluding the roof grab rails - side on it looks a dead ringer for my old Gelandewagen
Fortunately Ineos had there designer understand proportions and managed to have the cab height not as tall as the G Wagon and the rails break up the flat door panels quite well in my opinion.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fortunately Ineos had there designer understand proportions and managed to have the cab height not as tall as the G Wagon and the rails break up the flat door panels quite well in my opinion.
My 1983 G Wagen is 1975mm high.

The Grenadier is 61mm higher at 2036mm.

Back
Top Bottom