The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dimming Info Panel

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Just a little modification today. I found that the brightness of the info panel before the steering wheel was too much for me and unfortunately, it doesn't dim with the rest of the lights via the infotainment system. So I bought some "light dimming LED foil" and covered the front display. Unfortunately, I was not patient enough and might have to do it again. There are some bubbles of air caught underneath and the measurements weren't quite correct. If I redo the thing, I will go looking for matte foil rather than glossy as it is now. The result for now is just what I had expected.

Before:

before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

The product:

Folie.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
Does this make the panel more difficult to see during the day?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Does this make the panel more difficult to see during the day?
It does, of course, make them less bright and when the display is directly hit by sunlight, the symbols are difficult to see. But that’s only for short moments. I attach a picture taken in daylight (the other one was in the garage) to give you a better impression. The foil is easily removed without leaving any trace so I‘d say, try it out. I really like the result. Especially since at night the two symbols for the beams are always on.

Edited (inserted photograph, still have to address the problem with bubbles)

Attachments

• daylight.jpg
    daylight.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
I’ve used this type of product before, I also happen to really like it. The suggestion for a matte finish makes since

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve used this type of product before, I also happen to really like it. The suggestion for a matte finish makes since
Unfortunately it seems that there are no matte ones. At least I couldn’t find one.

PS: For some reason the daylight photo won’t upload from my mobile phone. I‘ll try it from my desktop later.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems that there are no matte ones. At least I couldn’t find one.

PS: For some reason the daylight photo won’t upload from my mobile phone. I‘ll try it from my desktop later.
Inserted the photo in my post #4 above

Back
Top Bottom