The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Deactivate (Keyfob) panic button

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
My dealer fitted the key with a sturdy leather fob. This lies flat over the key. Stowed in my jeans pocket like this, I haven't had any unintentional panic button attacks so far. (y)

View attachment 7853219
You make a good point re- covering the buttons when in the pocket. If you set off the panic alarm as they say ...it is bleeding obvious from the noise. But I have had it when parked up and started to walk 🚶‍♂️ away, the vehicle has unlocked because the button has been operated whilst in my pocket. Not to much of anything issue because mine is set to auto relock in a minute if a door isn't opened. But it makes me wonder how long the fob battery lasts if being operated continually. Time will tell.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
The one time I accidentally hit the panic button I had way too many things in both my hands. Never activated it simply sitting in my pocket.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The o-ring trick worked great. Granted, if I ever actually need the alarm I'm screwed. But in the interim, all is well.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
I have to get around to this. My 3 year old will be devastated though. Right now he loves the idea of pushing the round button to make the apocalypse car go crazy. The neighbors not so much.
Happy I didn't teach my grand-kids how to use that button :ROFLMAO:

The o-ring trick worked great. Granted, if I ever actually need the alarm I'm screwed. But in the interim, all is well.
It worked indeed with the o-ring, no false alarms anymore. But as I don't have Parkinson yet, I still can push it very hard, and the alarm goes off.
I am now wondering what will come first:
  • Alzheimer, and not remembering that I have that button
  • or Parkinson, and not be able to push it anymore.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is kind of funny. I worry more about accidently locking/unlocking and hitting the panic button on this truck than I have in past vehicles. The range on the key fob very far compared to the New Defender. I had to practically next to it for the unlock to actually work.

With the grenadier I worry about leaving the key in my pocket when I park where I really want to make sure the truck is locked.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
It is kind of funny. I worry more about accidently locking/unlocking and hitting the panic button on this truck than I have in past vehicles. The range on the key fob very far compared to the New Defender. I had to practically next to it for the unlock to actually work.

With the grenadier I worry about leaving the key in my pocket when I park where I really want to make sure the truck is locked.
That's why it is worth setting the auto relock if doors not opened to a short time interval so they automatically relock while walking away if they have been activated in your pocket. I accidentally set the alarm off in the supermarket car park this morning, but that has been outnumbered by the times it has unlocked by accident

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's why it is worth setting the auto relock if doors not opened to a short time interval so they automatically relock while walking away if they have been activated in your pocket. I accidentally set the alarm off in the supermarket car park this morning, but that has been outnumbered by the times it has unlocked by accident
Good point. I do have that auto relock set. I forgot about that.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
For years now, I have left all my vehicles unlocked.
I just don't leave anything inside worth stealing.
Locking your car in Memphis is a good way to get a window smashed out.

Back
Top Bottom