The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What I Really Like - Some Pleasant Impressions

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Some things you notice only with time. Here are some that I really like because some people have apparently really thought along.

- As you know, the Grenadier sets off the alarm when you press the central button on the remote control. When I asked how to turn it off, the agent always answered that the alarm would after a while go off on its own. Of course it does. :rolleyes:

But you can as well turn it off immediately by pressing the "Open" button on the remote control.

- The wiper-washer system has two nice features. First, water is sprayed onto the windshield first, and only then are the wipers turned on. Very nice, so the wipers don't run dry over the dirt. But what I find particularly clever is that a few seconds after the wipers stopped, they run one additional cycle over the windshield again. So any water that runs off afterwards is wiped away. That's clever.

- You can mute the radio by pressing the mute button. You can also turn it off completely by holding down the mute button.

- If you switch off the motor, the radio continues to run. But you don't have to turn it off manually: The moment you open the driver's door, the system asks if you want to keep the radio running. If you neither confirm nor decline, the radio turns off after a few seconds.

- Most of you might already know it, but I didn't: On the drivers door are two buttons to lock/unlock the doors. I first missed it on the dash panel.

- My first night drive was very nice. The lighting is top. And the center display looks great at night, especially with the "Navigator" app. Also the LEDs in the cockpit are subtle and present clearly but discreetly. I love it, it looks very good.

- Those who use Android Auto may have been frustrated that it only starts when you are online. After that, however, you can go offline and it continues to run. Only the Google Assistant doesn't work like that anymore, but I don't need it anyway.

Maybe someone knows how to start Android Auto without being online at all.

If you find some smart solutions and behavior please post it here. There is much that the manual does not mention.

formatting, wording

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Some things you notice only with time. Here are some that I really like because some people have apparently really thought along.

- As you know, the Grenadier sets off the alarm when you press the central button on the remote control. When I asked how to turn it off, the agent always answered that the alarm would after a while go off on its own. Of course it does. :rolleyes:

But you can also turn it off again immediately by pressing the "Open" button on the remote control.

- The wipe-wash system has two nice features. One is that water is sprayed on the windshield first, and only then do the wipers come on. Very nice, so the wipers do not run dry over the dirt. What I find particularly smart, however, is that the wipers after stopping go once over the window again a few seconds later. So subsequently run-off water is wiped away. That's smart.

- You can mute the radio by pressing the mute button. You can also turn it off completely by holding down the mute button.

- If you switch off the motor, the radio continues to run. But you don't have to turn it off manually: The moment you open the driver's door, the system asks if you want to keep it running. If you neither confirm nor decline, the radio turns off after a few seconds.

- My first night drive was very nice. The lighting is top. And the center display looks great at night, especially with the "Navigator" app. Also the LEDs in the cockpit are subtle and present clearly but discreetly. I love it, it looks very good.

- Those who use Android Auto may have been frustrated that it only starts when you are online. After that, however, you can go offline and it continues to run. Only the Google Assistant doesn't work like that anymore, but I don't need it anyway.

If you find some smart solutions and behavior please post it here. There is much that the manual does not mention.
Nice one.
Acknowledge the negatives but seek out the positives as well.
I think that no other new vehicle in history has been inspected so closely.
That is a good and bad thing.
Some of the things that have been found on here are very important if going into the outback solo.
Others would never be known by the average owner.
How many people need to go back to Ineos and complain that it causes sore facial muscles from smiling and grinning so much.

Last edited:

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score

But you can also as well turn it off immediately by pressing the "Open" button on the remote control.

- The wiper-washer system has two nice features. First, water is sprayed onto the windshield first, and only then are the wipers turned on. Very nice, so the wipers don't run dry over the dirt. But what I find particularly clever is that a few seconds after the've stopped the wipers run one cycle over the windshield again. So any water that runs off afterwards is wiped away. That's clever.

- If you switch off the motor, the radio continues to run. But you don't have to turn it off manually: The moment you open the driver's door, the system asks if you want to keep the radio running. If you neither confirm nor decline, the radio turns off after a few seconds.

- Most of you might already know it, but I didn't: On the drivers door are two buttons to lock/unlock the doors. I first missed it on the dash panel.

formatting, wording
@emax thanks for the great summary! Can you share a photo of the dash/center display at night? I've been interested in seeing this + I'd love to know which buttons/switches are backlit on the steering wheel and overhead panel. Thanks in advance!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Can you share a photo of the dash/center display at night?
Night photos can barely capture the look and feel. And one photo can't capture the panoramic view of the entire cockpit that you perceive as a human being. But I will try to take a shot next time (might take a few days).

But anybody is of course free to do so as well, if this takes too long.

wording

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
An update according the online problem: I found out that it is as well possible not to be online at all and to just cancel the smart phones attempt to connect to the google assistant. I just pressed the "Back" button on my phone (yes, the CAT S41 has physical buttons) and then it worked.

Without the assistant of course.

Reactions: Max

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am at a fair for fire departments in Germany this week.
Next to our booth is the booth from the dealer Lueg who owns two special vehicle manufacturers as well and aims at selling the Grenadier to fire departments as commanders vehicles 🚗.
The car from the picture below might be known from other threads here.
The interest from the fire fighters is immense and I talked to person from two professional fire brigades who yet started the procurement process for buying one or two Grenadier.
It’s really cool that this car finds its way to the professional users as well just because they want some really reliable hardware!IMG_9350.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The tough thing about the Grenadier is just how gorgeous it is. It’s a great looking truck that exudes “proper” off roader.

Like a beautiful woman though, looks can often make one overlook some pretty big red flags.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Night photos can barely capture the look and feel. And one photo can't capture the panoramic view of the entire cockpit that you perceive as a human being. But I will try to take a shot next time (might take a few days).

But anybody is of course free to do so as well, if this takes too long.

wording
@emax I was wondering yesterday if you can dim the interior lights including the screen… have you found that yet?

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Great list, @emax!

I did not try it out now, but I am pretty sure you can also just push the central button again to turn it off.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@emax I was wondering yesterday if you can dim the interior lights including the screen… have you found that yet?
No I haven't. But I wasn't looking for it either.

It seems that the light sensor on the dash (just behind the wind screen) does a pretty good job.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Another question can be answered. Some have asked:

"Is there an indicator for the set temperature of the air conditioner".

Yes, there is: it is shown as a bar along with a number at the very top of the center display when you turn the temperature dial.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After 5 weeks of ownership and having to have the smile surgically removed (twice, first time wasn't a success) i can honestly say i am really impressed with its on road manners, whether on motorways, fast twisty A roads or around town it is a real pleasure to drive.
One downside is, It has the turning circle of an oil tanker but that you get use to.
My limited off road driving has been enjoyable and never even come close to pushing it to the limit,
The other downside compared to the Landy is i can now hear my passenger...........................................................

Back
Top Bottom