The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Deactivate (Keyfob) panic button

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
I've been driving for 45 years now and the thing I missed the least was a panic button. So I was very pleased that I unintentionally triggered it several times.
I took a few pictures of how I solved this for myself. I made the button inoperable by gluing it with superglue.
It is important to let the glue dry completely before reassembling the remote control. A whitish film then forms.

Attachments

• Foto1.jpg
    Foto1.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Foto13.jpg
    Foto13.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Foto11.jpg
    Foto11.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Foto 10.jpg
    Foto 10.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Foto9.jpg
    Foto9.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 199
  • Foto8.jpg
    Foto8.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Foto7.jpg
    Foto7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • Foto6.jpg
    Foto6.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Foto4.jpg
    Foto4.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Foto2.jpg
    Foto2.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 209

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, am over waking up the neighbours grabbing for the keys in the dark, of key in my pocket, or loading the rear with something heavy. It's so embarrassing to everyone! Have to apply to both keys.
Cheers

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Instead of superglue perhaps consider installing a rubber o-ring on the button centre shaft. I used an o-ring from a dellorto carb kit but its about 7mm diameter. This way you can still use the button if you push it hard and it won't go off accidently in your pocket. An easy fix for Ineos..... perhaps they forgot to install it. 😁

k7.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
Instead of superglue perhaps consider installing a rubber o-ring on the button centre shaft. I used an o-ring from a dellorto carb kit but its about 7mm diameter. This way you can still use the button if you push it hard and it won't go off accidently in your pocket. An easy fix for Ineos..... perhaps they forgot to install it. 😁

View attachment 7836588
Ineos R & D section will be giving you a call shortly with an employment offer... ;)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been driving for 45 years now and the thing I missed the least was a panic button. So I was very pleased that I unintentionally triggered it several times.
I took a few pictures of how I solved this for myself. I made the button inoperable by gluing it with superglue.
It is important to let the glue dry completely before reassembling the remote control. A whitish film then forms.
Thanks a lot! By following your foto story I just changed my key with a small rubber ring to a less nervous "panic handling".
Your description together with the rubber ring (I just cut a mm from a fuel hose to get the same result) is the perfect solution for this annoying problem.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I've done this work yesterday. it's perfect! thanks

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
! I obviously didn't fixed the button good enough in the casement. Now the button is gone, leaving me with a hole...
Be careful when fixing the button again! the best will be to ensure that the three little clamps at the back are really in place to fixate the button.
Learn from the less careful...

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
What size torx screws are those. They’re tiny! I’ll have to order one.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7836588
What size torx screws are inside they key. They’re tiny! I’ll have to order one.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the snazzy screwdriver set and got the screws out. How do you get to the underside?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gently pry it apart, like getting the fist half off.

I disassembled mine but turned out I didn’t have an appropriate O-ring. I tried a shaved rubber hose but that was too stiff. I just put it back together. I’ve only triggered it once when I had five things in one hand.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got it.

I used a 5x2 mm rubber o-ring and it made the button essentially inoperable - it really cannot be depressed. No more accidental alarms.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As it turns out, there are actually people who really don't own a T1-T6 set of Torx screwdrivers.

Unbelievable. 🤷‍♂️

🙃

Back
Top Bottom