The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dash control panel removal

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
I've had my Grenny less than a day. I did not get the heated seats, so the two panel areas where those controls would ave been are blank. So I thought I could install a panel mount USB outlet there. I removed the four screws in the upper left square panel, but it would not come off. Closer inspection revealed that it is not a separate panel but just a section of the entire control panel, even though it is made to look like it is separate. That entire panel is held on with 28 screws! Do you know which screws will free the panel, or is it all of them? This is strange.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Search around - someone has it disassembled already. I don't recall who though.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've had my Grenny less than a day. I did not get the heated seats, so the two panel areas where those controls would ave been are blank. So I thought I could install a panel mount USB outlet there. I removed the four screws in the upper left square panel, but it would not come off. Closer inspection revealed that it is not a separate panel but just a section of the entire control panel, even though it is made to look like it is separate. That entire panel is held on with 28 screws! Do you know which screws will free the panel, or is it all of them? This is strange.
I think you just missed the photo in the other thread where @Jean Mercier shows that the two main screws holding it in are behind the shiny piano black strip above the panel. That strip has to come off first.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Jeffrey In my photo you can see one of 4 screws. The other 3 are exactly mirrored to the left and down, as far as I remember.

Attachments

• 21E02222-D7BD-4DAF-94D5-F016EEF2F935.jpeg
    21E02222-D7BD-4DAF-94D5-F016EEF2F935.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
This is one of the Control Panel threads here.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This particular post was especially illuminating

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
This particular post was especially illuminating

Yes, illuminating enough to tell me that I can't do what I had hoped for.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Yes, illuminating enough to tell me that I can't do what I had hoped for.
Wait, wait , wait, ....
The screws to remove are NOT the visible screws.

Look at the fourth image of @MattG in the post here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...console-panel.12413859/page-2#post-1333243107

Then look at my post somehow lower, in the last image I removed 2 out of 4 hidden screws.
The two other hidden screws are most probably hidden behind the blue plastic part that you can see in the third image of Matt!

If I had continued and dismounted some of the trims in the "cell phone tray" lower down, I could have accessed these two other hidden screws and then that dash panel will flip out. Still on my "to do" list.

I had, before getting my car in May last year the same idea as yourself (I have no seat heating in my car either). But I desisted after having removed all the damned visible screws!

But this doesn't mean that we will be able to insert a USB charging point there, depends what's behind that free space.

Back
Top Bottom