The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update completed

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
My Grenny was in during the week to Denton Motors, Skipton for the software update and some items that Ineos had notified them to do.

Now, it is strange, no waiting for the three bongs, you can put the key in and drive away, the small display panel straight ahead is blank with no warnings, (I had got I used to the red warning light), I now get continuous visibility of whatever info I want to see when I press the left hand side stalk button and it all works well.

Now, I also get a little toot when locking the vehicle so that I know that it is locked.

Good work team Denton Motors and Ineos!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
I am totally confused as well, cause everything is working just fine now.

Next to the software update they fixed five open campaigns (hoses, clips, towing etc) but I have to come back for a new transfer case and something regarding the battery system…

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Next to the software update they fixed five open campaigns (hoses, clips, towing etc) but I have to come back for a new transfer case and something regarding the battery system…
Maybe you get another Ctek Smartpass ;)

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The open campaigns you mentioned where they reported by you or are they dealer led checks/repairs ?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The open campaigns you mentioned where they reported by you or are they dealer led checks/repairs ?
The dealer had a list ready. He knew when I called. Every campaign seems to be linked in a backend software. The not too important ones will probably be finished without information of the customer. I just insisted on a copy of the list as I like to know what had been done.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This week, two weeks after the software update. Again the E Call error. This time with an orange safety triangle permanent on the steering display. :-(. This time it isn’t going away, already there the whole week. A new visit to the dealer is needed I guess.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This week, two weeks after the software update. Again the E Call error. This time with an orange safety triangle permanent on the steering display. :-(. This time it isn’t going away, already there the whole week. A new visit to the dealer is needed I guess.
I had exactly this issue in the week before the update. Normally all warnings came and went with one drive. But the ecall error stood for three days without a change. The yellow triangle didn’t go away at all.
It vanished after three days. Just before the software has been updated.

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since my update, when in off-road mode, no change to the middle screen. Used to change completely to show wheel angle / torque / revs / gear etc. Also no engine temp in the temp page in off-road, but it’s never shown since the car was new.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did the sw upgrade change anything with the radio ?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Used to change completely to show wheel angle / torque / revs / gear etc.
that is a step backwards. I find that screen very useful. Wonder if another glitch?

I'm 1941 software currently.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm being updated right now...

Will report back on fixes when I pick it up tonight. They are also checking three other things - something on steering arms (extra nut thing perhaps?), heat shield (presume making sure nothing is vibrating?) and checking for loose wires and cables underneath (can't remember the exact phrase they used). I also asked them to check the fact the battery seems to drain very quickly (loses at lest 3-5% a day when not in use) and the door seals (though I got the impression they don't have new seals in stock? maybe).

let's see what happens

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm being updated right now...

Will report back on fixes when I pick it up tonight. They are also checking three other things - something on steering arms (extra nut thing perhaps?), heat shield (presume making sure nothing is vibrating?) and checking for loose wires and cables underneath (can't remember the exact phrase they used). I also asked them to check the fact the battery seems to drain very quickly (loses at lest 3-5% a day when not in use) and the door seals (though I got the impression they don't have new seals in stock? maybe).

let's see what happens
OK so since the software update I have had zero errors. Zero. So that's good.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my software update plus a couple of other recall items. The agent said they’d told INEOS that the radio just wasn’t up to scratch - I agree - but hadn’t heard anything back on whether they’d do a recall. I only listen to BBC radio 4 but it bounces out of the channel all the time on a long run.

Back
Top Bottom