The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Custom Camper Works

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
Moin.

I would love to open this as a central space for people to post and exchange on their custom build of furniture and camper goodies in and all around the Grenadier.

Had some airline tracks and fitting arriving today. First thing I want to play around with, as it does not need exact measurements from tue vehicle, is a table for utility rail attachment.

Happy customisation!

Timo

Attachments

• B7941618-0716-4E4D-972D-82EC733D9407.jpeg
    B7941618-0716-4E4D-972D-82EC733D9407.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Moin.

I would love to open this as a central space for people to post and exchange on their custom build of furniture and camper goodies in and all around the Grenadier.

Had some airline tracks and fitting arriving today. First thing I want to play around with, as it does not need exact measurements from tue vehicle, is a table for utility rail attachment.

Happy customisation!

Timo
Good call. Yes it would be interesting and informative to get lots of ideas and finished customisations. certainly we aim to kit ours out as an expedition vehicle, along with using it for everyday use such as hauling firewood out of the woods and carrying the dogs and tools. I am keen to see your ideas for a utility rail camp table. Hope fully we can all learn from each other. 👍🏼

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Moin.

Happy customisation!

Timo
Very nice! (y)

Can you tell us your buying sources?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Timo,

really good idea. I hope there will be some nice ideas for the airline tracks in floor and too for the utility belt.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice! (y)

Can you tell us your buying sources?
Sure.

I bought them via

What I already learned unpacking and putting into the track: This automotive fitting is the best one when it comes to the plastic ones as it is very quiet with no metal hitting on metal when vibrating and also you can fully rotate the metal "ring". Compared to the other one with sharper triangle shaped rings, it allows you hook something in or run a belt through.

2B13EC7B-4185-4C41-950B-03E954958563_1_201_a.jpeg

For quickly mounting tables or other equipment I find these stainless steel ones here very promising. One could leave them installed an then simple install something by running a bolt through it:

3A2EDE2C-BA10-4DCC-B82E-FBBF075897C3_1_201_a.jpeg035E71C9-D944-43B4-B4FA-59BD32AA5903_1_201_a.jpeg

Will see how strong this will be with what material and thickness. Vehicle-shaped stabilising mounts below could be foldable and using the vehicle or one could fold the table down and lock it. When using the utility rails on the doors one could stabilise down using the lower rails.

9ECF4475-E58D-40AD-86EE-1DA9F34EE185_1_201_a.jpeg

Let's see. I am sure we all have quite some iterations of trial and error ahead of us...

Greetings

Timo

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
It would be good to eventually write a book along the lines of this one (I did about 20 of the 101 - some maintenance , others improvements)

Attachments

• projects.jpg
    projects.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 102

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be good to eventually write a book along the lines of this one (I did about 20 of the 101 - some maintenance , others improvements)
To start with, I will be happy with a fully comprehensive & detailed Grenadier handbook, that covers every aspect of maintaining and driving the car, including off road features, do's & dont's.

I am surprised that INEOS has not released an electronic version of the handbook to those that have signed a contract so that owners feel "ahead of the game" at the point of delivery.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
To start with, I will be happy with a fully comprehensive & detailed Grenadier handbook, that covers every aspect of maintaining and driving the car, including off road features, do's & dont's.

I am surprised that INEOS has not released an electronic version of the handbook to those that have signed a contract so that owners feel "ahead of the game" at the point of delivery.
I think if they are still developing the vehicle then they must also still be developing the handbook

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Dave - if their still developing the vehicle then no one is getting one for months!
Pretty sure they did an Eddy in December so the handbook can be locked in at that time.
But software/writers go on long holidays over Christmas and a handbook isn't really needed until the first customers get their deliveries.

Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Pretty sure they did an Eddy in December so the handbook can be locked in at that time.
But software/writers go on long holidays over Christmas and a handbook isn't really needed until the first customers get their deliveries.
As you have had you order/delivery date confirmed and the vehicle is in production have you been granted access to the manual yet they said that reading it was part of the contract signing process.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not many Europeans go on long holidays over Christmas/New year - most usually have 5 days off and then it's all back on 2 Jan, saving up those weeks for the long hot summer months!!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
I have that very same book !!

Never got around to buying the Porsche though.

Back
Top Bottom