The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Custom Camper Works

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Grenadier at the Hedin Automotive Switzerland video. Hot water tank I think 🤔 View attachment 7802375
Or you make your own as I intend to do. View attachment 7802377
These are breeding grounds for bacteria, shower in water from one...maybe, but after making my own many years ago and adding potentially 40kg on the roof I've gone for a more civilised form of hot water, on demand and able to adjust temperature.

Attachments

• 0021974_hottap-outing-portable-water-heater.jpeg
    0021974_hottap-outing-portable-water-heater.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 98

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
These are breeding grounds for bacteria, shower in water from one...maybe, but after making my own many years ago and adding potentially 40kg on the roof I've gone for a more civilised form of hot water, on demand and able to adjust temperature.
Nice one. I would be interested in one of those heat exchanger water heaters then gets plumbed into the vehicles cooling system. Time will tell how feasible this will be with the Grenadier.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm sure many people have already found this, but in the US out of Iowa:

A good source, but typically this US source has been higher quality; https://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/

And for you gents across the US pond;

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Finally started building the rack in the back.
First thing yesterday morning was fitting the base plate.
Spend all day yesterday finding the right distances for the boxes to slide, fridge to be fitted with vibration cancellation foam, ….
Back to the workshow now. Hoping to have some results by tonight.

IMG_7702.jpeg

IMG_7704.jpeg

IMG_7706.jpeg

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All parts done for the lower level.
Time to fit the second layer.
This is the setup I will leave in the car after the big trips.
Initially planned to go lower to have somewhat of an plane loading bay when when second row seats folded.
But the step from trunk to folded seats is about 22cm. Fridge 25. Running the math with limited storing options on the lower level, I decided to go for 29cm height. Fitting solid 28cm boxes with 5mm space on top as well as below for smooth slide on the oak rails.
Next level will have few more cm to fit our toilet box, but have top level floor flush with the back seats.
Keep you posted.
Timo

IMG_7715.jpeg

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
All parts done for the lower level.
Time to fit the second layer.
This is the setup I will leave in the car after the big trips.
Initially planned to go lower to have somewhat of an plane loading bay when when second row seats folded.
But the step from trunk to folded seats is about 22cm. Fridge 25. Running the math with limited storing options on the lower level, I decided to go for 29cm height. Fitting solid 28cm boxes with 5mm space on top as well as below for smooth slide on the oak rails.
Next level will have few more cm to fit our toilet box, but have top level floor flush with the back seats.
Keep you posted.
Timo

View attachment 7813847
Great work, keen to make my own. How will you be fixing it in place for trips? I'm wondering if the commercial variant tie down spots are available under the factory rear mat

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also if possible could you please send a photo with seats folded down just to give me an idea. Thanks in advance.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great work, keen to make my own. How will you be fixing it in place for trips? I'm wondering if the commercial variant tie down spots are available under the factory rear mat
I use these fittings, put a 6-7mm spacer between them and the floor board and screw from top. The commercial one ordered without airline has 4 connections points. The ones the airline rails use. So same thing. Longer screw. Larger spacers.

IMG_7718.jpeg

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I use these fittings, put a 6-7mm spacer between them and the floor board and screw from top. The commercial one ordered without airline has 4 connections points. The ones the airline rails use. So same thing. Longer screw. Larger spacers.

View attachment 7813851
Thanks so much. Sorry I meant the two seater variant of commercial. It looks to have anchor/tie-down points outside of your tie-down strips. Just not sure if the 5 seaters would have them available also. Lovely work. Looking forward to next update.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
5 sweaters have them available ~ just Torx bolts into the floor where the extra tie rings fit in the commerical variants.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It all comes together nicely after running all the numbers for weeks. ;P

IMG_7720.jpeg

The task I pushed till end is weight optmiziation.
Calculated for various thicknesses and also building with alloy profiles.
Went for 12mm for the levels and 9mm for the „walls“.
Oak pieces are for structural support as well as rails to run the boxes.

When all is done I will figure out where and if to remove materials in terms of holes, e.g. under the fridge, as well as milling pockets.

Back
Top Bottom