The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cruise control dropping out...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
German and maybe European drivers in general do usually not have drop outs every 10 or more kilometers - because we can normally not drive such distances without manual intervention, braking or even full stops. Too much traffic. 🤷‍♂️

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
An update to this topic: The control module mounted on the steering column failed - I gather this is a glitch that is being dealt with. I pulled the fuse to the wipers (permanently working) and drove to Cairns very carefully (330 km) with warnings that brakes and steering may not be performing properly. Our Cairns dealer Westco took a new unit out of vehicle they had just received and got us back on the road to Townsville in not much more than and hour - our thanks to the guys there - Nathan and Fabrice.

The new control module had no impact on the cruise control drop-out which average out at somewhere between every 10-15km. This issue has been escalated up the chain and hopefully will eventually be corrected. One piece of information that must mean something, but I don't know what. Driving north about 150 km from Cairns, you pass through a very small place called Mary Farms. The approach to the bridge is a long sweeping curve which you can happily take at 100 kph. The last three times I have driven this road, cruise control had a double drop-out in exactly the same place on this curve. Can't be a coincidence, but what does it mean?
Is it a left-hand curve @ericge ? On a recent trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and back I had the cruise drop out mostly on faster LH curves. Wasn't touching anything (except the steering wheel :) )

Back
Top Bottom