The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Crap, I have some kind of an oil leak!

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes that's the PS fluid reservoir; if I recall correctly, the cap is self venting, so a little weep or residue around the top of the canister is somewhat normal
To answer your question, yes that's the PS fluid reservoir; if I recall correctly, the cap is self venting, so a little weep or residue around the top of the canister is somewhat normal
Does anyone know what CHF oil the Ineos uses? I checked my steering fluid level and it’s at minimum so I’m looking to top it up. There are traces of oil where it has seeped out at the top. I’ve checked the manual and I can’t find the spec.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what CHF oil the Ineos uses? I checked my steering fluid level and it’s at minimum so I’m looking to top it up. There are traces of oil where it has seeped out at the top. I’ve checked the manual and I can’t find the spec.
Somebody posted this a while back.
⬇️

IMG_9703.jpeg

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Was the final diagnosis that the leak was from a faulty output shaft seal?

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also had a front output shaft leak on the transfer case. Was only down for 1 week waiting for the seal, so hopefully this is a good sign that parts are becoming available more quickly

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also had a front output shaft leak on the transfer case. Was only down for 1 week waiting for the seal, so hopefully this is a good sign that parts are becoming available more quickly
Excellent. Picked up this morning. All is well! I swear that my field master steering is a lot smoother than the base model I had on loaner. Mine takes less effort to turn the wheel than the loaner did. Happy with that.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent. Picked up this morning. All is well! I swear that my field master steering is a lot smoother than the base model I had on loaner. Mine takes less effort to turn the wheel than the loaner did. Happy with that.
Welcome home.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
The rain finally stopped and while cleaning the garage I found another issue (leak) that will need to be fixed. It appears to be a bad hose.IMG_5751.jpg I hope they have the parts in stock because I am going in on Friday.

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The rain finally stopped and while cleaning the garage I found another issue (leak) that will need to be fixed. It appears to be a bad hose.View attachment 7848072 I hope they have the parts in stock because I am going in on Friday.
Could be the hose, but my hoses looked the same when the front driveshaft seal was leaking on the transfer case (it was slinging oil onto the hoses)

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could be the hose, but my hoses looked the same when the front driveshaft seal was leaking on the transfer case (it was slinging oil onto the hoses)
Thanks Chris good to know.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is what my hoses looked like (from a front transfer case driveline seal leak)
Thanks! I will pass this info along to Elliott Bay.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This transfer case leak is becoming more common. I’m curious why only North American vehicles are beginning to see this issue while I haven’t seen reports of this out of Europe/aus/nz in 2023.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This transfer case leak is becoming more common. I’m curious why only North American vehicles are beginning to see this issue while I haven’t seen reports of this out of Europe/aus/nz in 2023.
I was thinking the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom