The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ADVAW8S No Frills, cause I have Bills, Grenadier Build

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I think I have come up with my build that gets me where I was thinking. I am looking for constructive feedback and general thoughts. Also, if you can provide answers to some of my questions that would be great

Exterior Body Color Magic Mushroom (Solid)
Wheels 17" Steel Wheel Tires Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire Options- since I plan on upgrading the tires, I felt there was no need paying for the KO2. I will be putting 33 and possibly Braid wheels
Safari Windows
Standard Spare Wheel Cover- I waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with or I will buy it at a later date
Bump strips- I struggled on this one. I like the utility belt but looking to save a few pennies. I do have a question. Does the L track still show up under the rear window even if you get bumper strips. Also, what is the quality of the bumper strips
Interior Interior trim Heated Front Seats
Nappa Leather- I want the saddle leather but it is a little to pricey for what you get. I say that and I understand I used to spend 250 dollars for a bicycle saddle.
Driver's Pack Infotainment Compass with Altimeter- this si a luxury, but i like it better than the big A in middle
Premium Sound System- okay this will only happen if all the wiring is in place to run a dual battery since I checked off the overhead panel. I will then move the subwoofer to a new location, when I build the drawers.
Flooring Heavy Duty Utility Flooring with Drain Valves- Ill buy weather tech
Utility Packs Smooth pack Off-road Differential Locks Front & Rear Center Differential Lock Rock Sliders- didnt do the rough pack and selected the diffs. saved a few bucks since I will be getting Wildpeaks AT3W
Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch- I don't tow often but need it when I do.
Electrics Power High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation Auxiliary Charge Points
Interior cargo Tailgate Table- I own one now and use it all the time. Question, do you still have access to the emergency storage arear on the door. I have ideas for that space.

Total Price 82,225.00

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I have come up with my build that gets me where I was thinking. I am looking for constructive feedback and general thoughts. Also, if you can provide answers to some of my questions that would be great

Wheels 17" Steel Wheel Tires Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire Options- since I plan on upgrading the tires, I felt there was no need paying for the KO2. I will be putting 33 and possibly Braid wheels
Safari Windows
Standard Spare Wheel Cover- I waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with or I will buy it at a later date
Bump strips- I struggled on this one. I like the utility belt but looking to save a few pennies. I do have a question. Does the L track still show up under the rear window even if you get bumper strips. Also, what is the quality of the bumper strips
Nappa Leather- I want the saddle leather but it is a little to pricey for what you get. I say that and I understand I used to spend 250 dollars for a bicycle saddle.
Driver's Pack Infotainment Compass with Altimeter- this si a luxury, but i like it better than the big A in middle
Premium Sound System- okay this will only happen if all the wiring is in place to run a dual battery since I checked off the overhead panel. I will then move the subwoofer to a new location, when I build the drawers.
Utility Packs Smooth pack Off-road Differential Locks Front & Rear Center Differential Lock Rock Sliders- didnt do the rough pack and selected the diffs. saved a few bucks since I will be getting Wildpeaks AT3W
Electrics Power High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation Auxiliary Charge Points
Interior cargo Tailgate Table- I own one now and use it all the time. Question, do you still have access to the emergency storage arear on the door. I have ideas for that space.

Total Price 82,225.00
Hi ADVAW8S, Like your spec. I am thinking same idea of getting Premium Sound System and then relocating subwoofer to back and adding second battery afterwards. I am pretty sure that the Interior Cargo Tailgate Table for the Grenadier allows access to the emergency storage area as the tray folds down from the back and is held up by a couple wires. I am instead going to get a Tailgate Table from Front Runner. It has a cutting board that pulls out and extends the working surface to twice it's size. The only downside is that you won't be able to access the emergency storage area. I installed and retrofitted one on my new 2020 Defender and love it. I simply took the emergency stuff out of the storage compartment before installing it and put it in a soft bag that I keep in the rear boot. I purchased the Front Runner Tailgate Table that they make for the jeep. Before installing it, I took a clear acrylic sheet of plastic and taped it up against the rear door and then carefully marked where every attachment screw/bolt was on the back door and then transferred that to the Front Runner Tailgate Table and then drilled s few holes on the base plate of the Front Runner Table so that they would perfectly match up with the existing screws / bolts on the rear of the Grenadier door. That way I did not have to drill any new holes into the rear door of the Grenadier. I then purchased new stainless screws with a combination of stainless washers and larger rubber fender washers to shim the table to fit true and not be warped when tightened down. Worked great and a nice place for cooking, cheese, wine and my laptop too. Here's a link to the Front Runner Tailgate Table I purchased and retrofitted onto my 2020 Defender. DaBull / Note: Looks like they have already added new holes on the Tailgate Table to fit the New Defender. https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/drop-down-tailgate-table-mkiii.html

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score

Safari Windows

Total Price 82,225.00
We basically have almost the same build and color sans the aux panel & infotainment.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like the build. I don't think it will include the wiring for a second battery or the CTek controller but it would be easy enough to do if you relocate the subwoofer and amp.

Re: Weathertechs. I may do the same but am tempted by something more grippy. The Weathertech compound might feel loose if the floor texture doesn't offer enough texture for the mats to grab onto.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom