The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Coolant hose ~ damage / holed

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
I had a look under my hood yesterday and was pretty disappointed with the running of the coolant hoses:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/dOrIYbO92WI
Just checked mine. It's similarly just floating in there but not quite as loose as yours. I identified another section where the black hose comes in direct contact with a plastic hard edge (the whole thing seems to be leaning on that edge of the air intake box in the arrow you see). I wrapped it with some gorilla tape to protect against abrasion. Second photo is from the front of the hose so you can see the numbers on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7551.jpeg
    IMG_7551.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7552.jpeg
    IMG_7552.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
I also checked that tube but in my case it moved decidedly less. I fixed it anyway.

However, I found another tube interfering with a metal clamp... I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine looks visually the same, but feels firm and does not rattle around like Adam’s video. I also have a clamp/support that connects to the fan shroud. MY24 VIN 71xx.

View attachment 7840843

View attachment 7840844
Mine is exactly the same. But look at that top hose labeled 406270. What is the base of that leaning on? On mine, it was leaning on hard plastic, which will rub overtime.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I think that particular dealership is struggling, they have had a large turnover of experienced staff lately and with all the rectifications going on its putting them under pressure and causing delays.
Agreed, but I feel they are starting to get on track again. Time will tell.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is exactly the same. But look at that top hose labeled 406270. What is the base of that leaning on? On mine, it was leaning on hard plastic, which will rub overtime.
On mine the metal clamp lines up with the potential plastic contact point you mention. So, if there is contact, I lose plastic (not a hose).

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine looks visually the same, but feels firm and does not rattle around like Adam’s video. I also have a clamp/support that connects to the fan shroud. MY24 VIN 71xx.

View attachment 7840843

View attachment 7840844
Upon further inspection, my hoses seemed well supported, until I checked them from below. My previous photos were takes from above. I ordered a box of these to strap the lowest coolant hose cross, where the most movement takes place. Don’t worry, I put some rubber between them to prevent chafing.

IMG_6116.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Upon further inspection, my hoses seemed well supported, until I checked them from below. My previous photos were takes from above. I ordered a box of these to strap the lowest coolant hose cross, where the most movement takes place. Don’t worry, I put some rubber between them to prevent chafing.

View attachment 7843314
I need some of that for my unsupported pipes 👍🏼

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
today I replaced the front and rear plates with reinforced ones and I found another tube that interferes with the frame.
I recommend checking it out.

Attachments

• IMG_3725.jpeg
    IMG_3725.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom