The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Coolant hose ~ damage / holed

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
My agent told me there is a PDI campaign to relocate a bracket for a hose, maybe/hopefully it is this one
Yes, if that's @Jean Mercier's post (to remove a clip) - I've linked it in at the top of this thread. 👆

I'd urge people to check if it's been done on theirs. It doesn't seem to have been done on mine; but I'm unsure whether it was done on the vehicle with the hole in the hose and so whether the hole could be seen as a consequence of not removing the clip or as an unintended consequence of removing the clip.

Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer has just run my VIN through the system as some need hoses checking my petrol one wasn't on the check list.

Local time
Reaction score
Is this a PETROL or DIESEL issue or both?
Im petrol I think it may babe a VIN number diesel thing but not 100% sure get your dealer to check your vin against a list. Mine did and I'm not on the recall list.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Is this a PETROL or DIESEL issue or both?
I think it is both because the cooling system looks very similar in both engines, and the Pre Delivery Inspection work order that I posted some months ago (see beginning of this thread, link posted by @DCPU ) speaks about VIN numbers 0000 to 1957, and I would be surprised that those were only Petrol (as mine is in between this range).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
This is a real concern for us Australians as this sort of thing in the middle of nowhere can make your outback adventure far more challenging. Glad to see the wrinkles are getting ironed out (hopefully) will pay carefully attention to mine when it arrives. I did see that the display vehicle I saw on Saturday had the negative to the starter attached the wrong way round as it was hanging low. (Sorry no pictures of it)

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Not a rhetorical question - how does something like hose placement causing them to rub to ruin in short order not get sorted in 1,000,000+ km of testing? I'm genuinely curious. Is it just incorrect assembly?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer has just run my VIN through the system as some need hoses checking my petrol one wasn't on the check list.
To clarify ~ your VIN is greater than 1957?

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is both because the cooling system looks very similar in both engines, and the Pre Delivery Inspection work order that I posted some months ago (see beginning of this thread, link posted by @DCPU ) speaks about VIN numbers 0000 to 1957, and I would be surprised that those were only Petrol (as mine is in between this range).
👍

Although the picture used in the work instruction looks to be a petrol engine (by the shape of the engine cover); but then they had to pick one or the other...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not a rhetorical question - how does something like hose placement causing them to rub to ruin in short order not get sorted in 1,000,000+ km of testing? I'm genuinely curious. Is it just incorrect assembly?
Some clearly is, but there may well be changes to the final plumbing that's not actually been tested at all.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm suspecting the latter....:rolleyes:
It was one thing to build the prototypes.. they are still on the learning curve of volume assembly...
The vast majority of the prototypes weren't built in the factory, so yes, I'm sure there is some learning curve associated; but if there is already a campaign, the problem has been identified and I would imagine rectified on all current builds

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is piss poor design, quality and implementation of basic vehicle componentry. Not good enough for outback Australia... this is meant to be a vehicle capable of taking us across vast terrain and having to worry about hoses eating one another is concerning. Again, hope IA implement real fixes to the issues being found by current owners...

Back
Top Bottom