The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contract

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
Once you have signed the contract, can you cancel?
The following is from the terms and conditions, once you receive the vehicle you can return it for a full refund as long as it is only basic factory specification with no options. All depends on country you are in.
Edit : Apart from the above I believe if you cancel after signing the contract you would lose your deposit.

1. Right to cancel
1.1 If you are a consumer to which the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 apply and have entered into this Agreement by only using means of distance communications then, subject to the below you will have the right to cancel this contract without giving any reason within 14 days after delivery of the Vehicle or after it is made available for you to collect.
1.2 To exercise this right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Agreement within the 14- day period as specified above. This notice of cancellation must be provided by a clear statement sent to INEOS by post or email (see our contact details in the Contract Particulars). You may use the model cancelation form below to communicate your decision to cancel this Agreement but please note that it is not obligatory to use this specific template.
1.3 The rights of cancellation do not apply where the Vehicle has been built to your customised specification or have been personalised for you.
2. Effects of cancellation
2.1 If you exercise this right to cancel, we will refund all payments received from you including the cost of delivering the Vehicle to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose delivery over collection or a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for any loss in value of the Vehicle supplied resulting from unnecessary handling by you in accordance with the law governing this Agreement (i.e. if you have used the Vehicle beyond what is necessary to check the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Vehicle). We will inspect the Vehicle at the time of return and will deduct from the refund the amount required to return the Vehicle to the condition it was in at the time of delivery, including, without limitation: a usage charge of EUR 0.55 per kilometre or the equivalent in your local currency if you have driven your Vehicle in excess of 100 kilometres (60 miles); repair costs for any damage to the interior and/or exterior of the Vehicle; cleaning costs in case of any stains, dirt, odour, or soiling attributable to your use that are beyond what can reasonably be expected from your inspection of the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Vehicle.
2.2 Unless you have expressly agreed otherwise, we will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. The reimbursement will be made without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Vehicle, or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Vehicle.
3. Returning the Vehicle
3.1 It is your responsibility to return the Vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your decision to cancel this Agreement.
3.2 We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received (a) the Vehicle, which must be in the same condition as when it was delivered to you; (b) all paperwork relating to the Vehicle; and (c) paperwork relating to the transfer of ownership of the Vehicle from you to us. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Vehicle us. You will take full responsibility for the safe return of the Vehicle including its tax, insurance, and the resolution of any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises. The Vehicle must not be driven from the date you notify us of your cancellation, other than to drive it back to us.
3.3 The Vehicle can be driven to us to the Point of Delivery address listed above.
3.4 When we have received the Vehicle at our premises, we will inspect the Vehicle and will deduct from the reimbursement to you the amount required to return the Vehicle to the condition it was in at the time of delivery to you.

Last edited:

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, after a tense couple of weeks managed to get the contract changes done. Contract signed this evening. Estimated delivery by 01/02/23. Many thanks to Martin and Luke at The Grange Edinburgh and Ineos customer service. 😁😁
Well, woke up to a surprise this morning, email saying my contract was voided. Checked on Ineos website and it was the same. I signed the contract on 25th November and have a copy of it. I contacted Ineos customer service and have raised a case, hopefully just a system glitch. The roller coaster of emotions continues 😩

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, woke up to a surprise this morning, email saying my contract was voided. Checked on Ineos website and it was the same. I signed the contract on 25th November and have a copy of it. I contacted Ineos customer service and have raised a case, hopefully just a system glitch. The roller coaster of emotions continues 😩
Can I ask if you’d made late changes to your original order?

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you contacted grange for their view of this?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you redact your personal info and post the email up?

You can't be the only one this has happened to, can you?
The following is the email received. I think it may be a glitch due to receiving two contract emails.

INEOS Grenadier Contracts voided It's time to sign your Grenadier contract.​
INEOS Grenadier Contracts
contracts@ineosgrenadier.com
It's time to sign your Grenadier contract has been voided for the following reason:
Envelope has expired.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I had. I think is is a glitch because I had two contract emails.
I’ve had a similar problem. I made changes to my original order late in the day, changed the colour, added leather, which were then reflected in the contract which I then signed. A bit of radio silence and then find that they’ve actually built to my original order. TBH, I’m ok with that and was told by Ineos that my gren went through paintshop on the 17th of November. My contract is being reissued and they’ve got to amend the OTR back to the original pre the additions. It seems that customer services and production scheduling communication could be improved but they’re so helpful and friendly I’ll forgive them.. I’m now sitting tight for a replacement contact and, hopefully, an earlier delivery date.
Usually I’d be quite grumpy about the faff, but for some reason it’s not causing me any raised blood pressure.

It‘d be interesting to see if others have a similar story?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
👍

Although I did also receive a 2nd contract email; or rather a 2nd email but referencing the same contract document.

The message you've got "envelope has expired" seems to refer to the contract only having a 7 day period for acceptance before it expires by default?

So maybe this is the "orphaned" contract before you made your changes? What is showing on your online account? Maybe your 2nd contract is there as your active one?
Apologies, only just noticed your question at the end.
My online Ineos account also shows the contract as expired.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I signed yesterday. Website isn’t reflective of the vehicle build I signed for though. It’s also showing a 3 step rather than 4 step process. Ordered > In Production > In Transit.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I signed yesterday. Website isn’t reflective of the vehicle build I signed for though. It’s also showing a 3 step rather than 4 step process. Ordered > In Production > In Transit.
When I signed back in September, "my" website wasn't reflective of the small changes I asked for. Then, that page disappeared for (I guess) two months, and came back one week ago, with the "right" build!. It also shows only the three steps you mention.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No contract received but just logged into my account and the price of my order just fallen by 18k (gbp).

Wonder what that's all about.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do many folks in the UK have their contracts ??

Sorry for the rant but rather fed up

STILL NO CONTRACT ordered 1020 18th May and getting rather disappointed at their lack of progress , its been promised for the end of the week since OCTOBER , Now Marc Dexter from INEOS Jardine's has chased again for me and its promised for this week so guessing they have today and tomorrow

Appreciate there is a production issue by come on folks this is customer service at its worst and really a very poor show for the brand and their reputation.

Just waiting Mark Tennants next "SORRY" Video!
The only bright spot is , according to INEOS I have a January / February 2023 delivery

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do many folks in the UK have their contracts ??

Sorry for the rant but rather fed up

STILL NO CONTRACT ordered 1020 18th May and getting rather disappointed at their lack of progress , its been promised for the end of the week since OCTOBER , Now Marc Dexter from INEOS Jardine's has chased again for me and its promised for this week so guessing they have today and tomorrow

Appreciate there is a production issue by come on folks this is customer service at its worst and really a very poor show for the brand and their reputation.

Just waiting Mark Tennants next "SORRY" Video!
The only bright spot is , according to INEOS I have a January / February 2023 delivery
I feel the same. Was told I had a build date of 13 Jan 2023 but still no contract. And a useless website with out of date order info doesn't help. But what most concerns me is that Mark Tennant promised better more frequent communication which I do not believe is happening.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It does seem inefficient that the IT side of the business was not given more attention. After all, this represents the interphase between manufacturer and those of us who put our money down early.
On the other hand. I can’t even imagine trying to build a company from scratch with a new product in such a short time. As a result I am willing to forgive the shortcomings as long as the vehicle proves to be everything I hoped for.
On a side note. I received a letter and a small gift for failing to make the finals in the Hard Way Home competition. I wrote to the head of sales to say I appreciated the gesture and how little it took to keep customers loyal and on side. No response so far. 🤷‍♂️😊

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
It's seems pretty obvious to me that the ordering process at present isn't a gated process.

By that I mean, not having a contract seems to not impact locking your spec and moving through into the actual production cycle. As anecdotal evidence of this, look at the postings from people who have been told this when they want to change spec and have not received their contract.

So having a contract does not do anything for you, at this stage, other than nail your feet financially to the floor, in terms of the deposit monies.

Maybe this should be seen as a positive, you still have flexibility on a fully refundable deposit.
yes DCPU but, for many people, having an executed contract means more formality surrounding the relationship with the customer and more of an "obligation" to actually produce the car because without a signed contract one has the feeling that the process is all theory and no practice.

For me, with the cash ready to hand over, what is most frustrating is the uncertainty of when (if) I will actually get the car and, yes, the closer we all get, the more heightened the expectations and thrill becomes!

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
talking of money, when do they want the balance of the cost of the grenadier? on delivery or before hand anyone got a clue on that aspect?

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be nice to know how production is going as I have a three week trip booked right at the time delivery is projected.
A

Back
Top Bottom